Seat Time

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got a lot of seat time yesterday. We had a few tons of river rock delivered for dear wifes latest flower bed. It looks better than I first envisioned. Plus I finally got the brush hog attached and conquered the hillside that was thick with Hawthorne trees with the GIANT thorns. I hate those things. I thoroughly enjoy chomping them up. So, yeah, I had lots of fun in the seat yesterday. :D

Howz your seat time going this year?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not getting much seat time at all. :(

Maybe an hour running the rototiller in the spring.

Another hour or 2 skidding logs.

Another hour using the loader to move or lift things.

So, about 4 hours since I was plowing snow last winter.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Harvest time has arrived. The Gravenstein apples already went to market.

I'm putt-putting around picking the family trees that are scattered randomly throughout the orchard.

The peach tree is already picked. Here I parked in the shade of the walnut tree to harvest the Bartlett pear tree in the background. The next photo shows the final tree picked late last year, the Persimmon down by the ravine.

This week.
P1760474rYM186DpickPears.jpg

Last November.
P1740385rYM186D2-PersimmonHarvest.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics CA. :tiphat: Very nice.
To bad Brian. Until this weekend I was mostly using my tractor to move boat trailers in and out of the pole barn. Kinda sad. yesterday and today I got good seat time. So glad I am able to tackle the bush hogging I missed last fall due to health issues. And I'm just now getting around to it. Man is it ever thick and grown up. I get so much pleasure out of tearing the crap out of this overgrown brush, trees and weeds. Fun fun fun. Mowing is boring, bush hoggin is fun to me. Lots more still to do, all I need is the time to get er done.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics CA. :tiphat: Very nice. To bad Brian. Until this weekend I was mostly using my tractor to move boat trailers in and out of the pole barn. Kinda sad. yesterday and today I got good seat time. So glad I am able to tackle the bush hogging I missed last fall due to health issues. And I'm just now getting around to it. Man is it ever thick and grown up. I get so much pleasure out of tearing the crap out of this overgrown brush, trees and weeds. Fun fun fun. Mowing is boring, bush hoggin is fun to me. Lots more still to do, all I need is the time to get er done.

Pics is some of my handy work. :D

Attachments

• image-2192095062.jpg
    image-2192095062.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 401
  • image-3999648583.jpg
    image-3999648583.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 399
  • image-3010502567.jpg
    image-3010502567.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 398
  • image-1094774197.jpg
    image-1094774197.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 415

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wow. Looks like that terrain goes quickly to jungle if you don't stay on top of it.

Are those future Christmas trees in the first photo or just volunteers?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are volunteers. Amazing how they multiply over the years. Lots of what I did was taller than the tractor. Multiflora and Hawthorne trees were wicked. In the last pic that is what is left of a 8 inch stump hawthorne ...I pushed it over years ago and this new sprout came out of the side of it. It was over 20ft tall with lots of vine buddies growing with it. I used the tractor teeth to strip it down. Heading over there with the chain saw after I mow this week and hope to kill it for good.
Any suggestions on what to use to kill a tree like this that does not want to die?

Is there any use for these Hawthorne trees? (these have 2 inch thorns all over.)

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
My tractor does more charity work than around the house work ...........

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your a good man Dawg. Charity work still gets ya some seat time, so it's all good. And I'm sure the folks appreciate your generosity!! :clap: :clap: