Massey Ferguson 35 Diesel Deluxe 1961 (Perkins)

gremlin

New owner here of a MF35. First tractor. Bought it out of necessity for taking care of 5 acres. It looks like someone attempted to try and fix it up a bit. I am going thru it slowly but could use some info on it from a fellow owner or like kind. I am looking for info on wiring, fuel shutoff (spring?), and dash control and layouts as well as the plate for the control (Key or Lights) on the front of teh dash (last picture) any and all help is appreciated. Thanks Daren

Attachments

• 00e0e_2mdCSNE1NK5_600x450.jpg
    00e0e_2mdCSNE1NK5_600x450.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 32
  • 00L0L_6mZeXbIQg98_600x450.jpg
    00L0L_6mZeXbIQg98_600x450.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 00L0L_4Zhf61OU3Za_50x50c.jpg
    00L0L_4Zhf61OU3Za_50x50c.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 00O0O_aQrnLG1TwtD_50x50c.jpg
    00O0O_aQrnLG1TwtD_50x50c.jpg
    947 bytes · Views: 32
  • 20160825_223001.jpg
    20160825_223001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 33

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new-to-you tractor.

Do you have the process/procedure to start and shut off the tractor already?

I don't have a MF35 but here's what I remember from the last MF I did drive (a 165 I believe).
If that's a push-botton on the left underside of the dash, that's to start it. The toggle switch on the right is probably the lights. What I don't see is the pull knob for fuel shut off. I thought I recall it being a pull cable that was in the lower dash or just below the dash. Maybe where that hole is in the lower right side of the dash?

gremlin

Yes I have a procedure. It doesn't involve a key and that is my fist problem. The button is the "Start" button. After the fuel is turned on (fuel shut off just below the left side - not shown as its just out of the picture frame). Toggle switch is just for looks as there is no wires hooked up to it (assuming lights). Other hole is ? I also have to get the thermoheater hooked up before the snow flies.....I have looked on AGCO site and it shows just a light and a starter switch from what i can tell. I was hoping someone might have some more info. I have been having mister Google help out but he has limited info.....

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
Gremlin, I have a MF 35 but it is gas. Tomorrow I can take and post photos if you want to see how mine is set up. I believe mine is just how it came from the factory. Bob

gremlin

Ok thanks Bob, Any info i can get would be helpful. I really am interested in the dash of a diesel deluxe. Also the fuel shut off linkage. I have seen so many variations i just want to put it back as close to possible to how it should be. They stopped making the aluminum plate for the dash on the starter switch. Was hoping to get a good picture and draw up a template to post here and so others could also take it to the local engravers and get a new one......Thanks again Bob, Daren

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
Gremlin, these photos are from the dash of my gas MF 35. I hope they help. Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2143.JPG
    IMG_2143.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 20

gremlin

I appreciate it Bob. I am still confused here. My dash doesnt match anything I have seen. It looks like a cross between a gas and a diesel dash or maybe a left handed dash? LOL? I dont know. Still looking for the reason. Also understand this tractor is not 10 years old so a lot can change and get switched. Just looking for some logical answer. Thanks Daren