Massey 2607h front end post hole digger problems

skn1walker

Hello peeps. I'm new here. I have a massey 2607h. I bought a danuser pro post hole digger that goes on the front loader with hose extensions the the rear. My problem is that when I am digging and try to go up, the auger stops. I've seen augers that keep spinning when people go up and down on bucket controls. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi skn1walker. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk!!!! :tiphat:

I guess I don't get out much, this is the first I've heard of a PHD that works on the FEL. I like the idea as it would save my back a lot of pain from turning around trying to position a 3PH PHD. Please post a pic of yours when you get a chance.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

I too would think it should keep spinning when the loader is raised. Might have the hoses in the wrong ports? Does it say anything in the owners manual? You didn't mention which model you have but I pulled up the 8900 model manual.
http://www.danuser.com/sites/default/files/OpManual_8900_0.pdf

Page 15, step 5 talks about changing direction of the augers spin (you need to swap your hose connections) but I don't see anything related to it spinning when raising the auger.

Their assistance phone # and e-mail is on the bottom of page 17 of the manual I put in that link.

skn1walker

Here a pic of the tractor and model of auger. I tried switching the hose but no change.

Attachments

• 20180714_151127.jpg
    20180714_151127.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180714_150847.jpg
    20180714_150847.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. Thanks for the pics. Sorry I can't help with your question. Hoping someone that has experience with one will come along here shortly.