Opinions for new x1140 overheating issues

Rtarchery

I have a thread running about my new 10 hr x1140 back in the shop for a second time for overheating. i raked the dealer pretty good this morning when I took it back in. Stated that I now have a machine that I probably cannot sell because of two warranty claims for overheating. Asked for a price that they would give me for it. If I were them I would refund the full price because bad publicity will cost them far more, and I will publicize this. I have a L2800 and sold my 400 to buy this x1140 that have been flawless.

I would like opinions as far as your thoughts on any possible damage to the motor, whether you would keep or sell after the problem is fixed, resale value with two warranty issues pertaining to the cooling system, whether an extended warranty on engine would help to ease concerns of longevity, etc.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there are a lot of 1140 machines out there that are trouble free and so should yours be. when it overheated did it spit coolant out and produce steam? if it didn't and from the careful way you let it cool down then i would be confident that it is ok. i think the alarm and bars are set well below damage level but it shouldn't even get close. you can always get KTC involved by calling your block man for your area and you might ask for some assurance like an extended warranty or insurance. i also think that i would approach them and get real involved with what they are doing to fix this beyond electrical issues. i think it is high time the mechanic should confirm that it is overheating and then go through the whole cooling system to FIND the issue.

Rtarchery

It hasn't boiled over or had steam and the coolant level remained the same.

Would you purchase a used one with this past issue? Would you pay market price?

I'm trying to get a feel for what others would do in my shoes. I tend to lose my temper and assume the worse when issues with expensive equipment arise. I tend to keep auto's, tractors, etc. a long time and take really good care of them.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
It hasn't boiled over or had steam and the coolant level remained the same.

Would you purchase a used one with this past issue? Would you pay market price?

I'm trying to get a feel for what others would do in my shoes. I tend to lose my temper and assume the worse when issues with expensive equipment arise. I tend to keep auto's, tractors, etc. a long time and take really good care of them.

i bought an X1100C that had been bought back from a customer because of a fire. i couldn't see any damage other than that the wire harnesses had all been replaced. it now has almost 6000 miles on it without a problem. i paid a little under market but not much.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just tell them to keep it until it works perfect and get KTC involved. ask them to get permission from KTC to swap you with a new one and let them worry about market price. that is what the previous owner of my X1100c did when his brand new machine caught fire with about 8 hours on the clock.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Aurthuritis. Keep records of all contact and feel out the dealer on what he's going to do, maybe he will help you out - He does care about reputation, if he is a good dealer.
My niece and her husband look young for their almost 30 year old ages .They bought an Acura suv from a dealer . It was trouble from day one...and also had minor hail damage covered up by dealer at new car price. Wasn't visible until the sun hit it just right. The Acura company got involved with the dealer after complaints from the couple. Suddenly the dealer was very enthusiastic to help and actually swapped them another new car and took the original back. (no extra sales tax neither) .