Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Gee Collie..........DO TAKE CARE OF THAT fence cut. My grandpa, "the cowboy", one died back in the early 1900's in west Texas from scratching himself while running fence....They called it "blood poison" back in those days..........Had your tetnus within the last 5 years? Do take care of it..........God bless.........Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Any U.S. military vets out there who are rated by the V.A.????? If so, they will help you out with your vision needs for sure........Worth checking out.......God bless these United States........Dennis

bakerg

Shooting at the Canadian Parliament building in Ottawa today, 1 Canadian soldier killed, 1 gunman killed. Don't know whole story yet but it is getting to close to home.:angry3:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Dennis, Tetanus shot on board . I have to get one every few years around here. :tiphat:
Violence is unfortunately, becoming too common. Everyone ,everywhere should be on guard. it is a sign of things to come so be ready to protect yourselves. collie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Be glad someone was armed and able to drop him before he did more damage. This is a world wide problem and armed resistance is the only way to stop it.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Innocence from terrorists and terroristic events is a thing of the past. Even when the present administration in the USA calls it workplace violence.

Mark.Sibole

To take the load off of the Kubots I picked up an old David Brown tractor with a front bucket.
Couldnt pass up the price.
Only thing wrong with it is it needs a front wheel bearing and one of the control valves for dumping needs to be rebuilt.
Hopefully this will take the strain off of the kubots on the big jobs and parts wont be to expensive to replace or hard to find.I think the wheel bearingkit is about 25 bucks and not sure what the valve rebuild will run.
Hope it works out in the end.

Mark.Sibole

Brian,
I stayed home from hunting just to get a view or an image of it but just as the eclipse was about to start Mother Nature was mean and threw her dusty blanket across the skies on me.also silll looking into usps shipping and fed x got involved replacing front bearings on my truck and picking up the tractor.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry it got cloudy on you. Sun had already set down here in the valley. Took an ATV to the top of the hill but the sun was obscured by too many trees.

Thanks for checking on usps and fedex.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't forget to vote today!

The Mrs. and I went in this morning about 7:30. We were the only voters there (but it's a really small voting station).

Mark.Sibole

My project im working on at the moment
20141103_150758.jpg

waiting on spindle then need to rebuild the power steering pump.
Im hoping ill make out on the 3500 investment.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not working on much of anything interesting.

A lot of getting ready for winter then going to my Dad's to do the same.

Went to Ohio yesterday to get a half-ton of corn.

Put the truck in the shop this morning (with the corn still in the bed) for a couple quick fixes and inspection.

Off to New York this weekend to get my Dad buttoned-up for the winter.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor is giving me a lot of manure to spread on my fields. He lets me use his tractor and spreader and I clean up his feed lot with my skid steer and load it. Been sprinkling grass and clover seed on the bed of the spreader before each load so I can seed and fertilize at the same time. Damn cold wind for running down the road on an open tractor. Did about 40 loads so far and could easily clean up another 200 if the weather allows. Had to dig out my cold weather clothes and all the climbing on and off the tractor and skid steer sure makes me hurt. Will make for a much better hay crop next year and the deer will love it for browse.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy crap Muley! (pun intended).

40 loads so far and another 200 to go? Sounds like it's a wheelbarrow sized spreader or he hasn't cleaned his barn this century.

How well does spreading the seed on the manure works for you? Just wondering how much would get buried without having a chance to sprout.

Mark.Sibole

I would comment but it wouldnt be politically correct.But they did the same thing last night in the elections and ill leave it at that.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
It is not a real big spreader but it holds 3-4 heaping buckets from the skid steer. It is not in his barn But spread over a big area where he feeds round bales. As far as the seed goes it will come up the same as if I broadcast spread it.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
mark... that david brown tractor was a high priced machine in its day. i'm sure you will be well pleased with the work it can do.

Mark.Sibole

Thanks Keifer.
Im slowly fixing the odds and ends on it in hopes i didnt geet took on it.
I had to replace the front spindle as it was tore up and the few minor things of a power steering pump rebuild and a spool valve rebuild.
Everything else looks good but i wont know till i put it through its paces here.
I just pray to god nothing major will be wrong with it.I was told a buy and drive bit it was more of a tricycle with the bad spindle but thats fixed now.Tomorrow will be an oil and filter change.Wish me luck all is ok on it.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.