How's The garden?

Archdean

Let's get some interest in this forum!
Just to whet your appetite!! We would like to see more of what you like best!
Attached Thumbnails

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

Attachments

• garden.jpg
    garden.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 75
  • tomatoes.jpg
    tomatoes.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 75

Oldhand

Corn and tomatoes almost ready to munch! My 7' corn did real good this year, even though I planted it closer together than the past...:cool:

Attachments

• Garden 2009.jpg
    Garden 2009.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Garden, Shop June 26, 2009 012.jpg
    Garden, Shop June 26, 2009 012.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 28

olcowhand

Already gotten about 5bu sweet corn, some yet to process. 50qts green beans canned, and just dug some potatoes yesterday. Several heads brocolli vacuum bagged & frozen. Also had about a dozen huge heads of cabbage.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
All the "cool" weather stuff is long gone. After 17 straight days of 100 degrees or better (in July, can't wait till August), the garden is looking a little sad but it's still producing. Some of the tomatoes and peppers are sun scalded, still usable for the most part but not all that pretty. Got more squash of varying types than I know what to do with. I've still got 2 rows of potatoes in the ground. The tops have died back but we don't need them at the moment so I think I'll leave them where they are for another couple of weeks and keep some of the smaller ones to replant in the fall.

On the whole, it's been a good gardening year. We've been living on home grown veggies almost exclusively for months now.