Tool box location

elkhound

Site Supporter
Two years ago thanks to Almighty God i became the proud owner of a 2001 Kubota L3000DT. The original owner had mounted a plastic tool box on the right fender. Well a few weeks ago the top of the box broke. I've bought a new box but really don't want to mount it on the fender. I've been thinking about making a bracket that will fasten to the rops, and then mount the box to the bracket.

But before doing that i thought i'd ask what some of you have done.

urednecku

On my M7040 there is a bracket behind the seat from fender to fender, with a tool box mounted on it. It also mounts the bracket for the SMV sign and holds the fuel filler neck. I didn't see that bracket on the pic of the L3000 I looked @, but you might be able to add one. Just make sure all the 3ph linkages etc clears.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see a lot of the "behind the sear" but on my tractor, one is on the fender and another in front of the grill (to hold chains and such) for loader use.

For the fender mount, I made a toolbox tray that's mounted to the fender. The toolbox then goes in the tray so I can take it out easily.

elkhound

Site Supporter
On my M7040 there is a bracket behind the seat from fender to fender, with a tool box mounted on it. It also mounts the bracket for the SMV sign and holds the fuel filler neck. I didn't see that bracket on the pic of the L3000 I looked @, but you might be able to add one. Just make sure all the 3ph linkages etc clears.

My L3000 does not have the bracket behind the seat, and i'm not sure the 3ph linkages would clear. Will have to check. If i did go that route it would need to be easily removed so that i can get to the hydraulic/tranny fill plug.

elkhound

Site Supporter
I see a lot of the "behind the sear" but on my tractor, one is on the fender and another in front of the grill (to hold chains and such) for loader use.

For the fender mount, I made a toolbox tray that's mounted to the fender. The toolbox then goes in the tray so I can take it out easily.

I like the idea of being able to take the tray or box out/off. And may need more than one box to carry chains and such as well.