Then and now...

cpsseals

These are pictures of the same tractor.
The first taken in 1974 and the last one in 2012.
Both pictures are of me sitting on the beast.

Attachments

• env.25_0002.jpg
    env.25_0002.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 71

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Think the first one was the better looking kid!!!!!!!!!:tiphat: second better looking tractor!!!!@@:a1::respect::yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since I looked a lot like you did in the first pic, I won't say anything about how "cool" we thought we were but how goofy looking back. A flight jacket that's 2 sizes too small... Really? :)

BTW, you should quit riding the clutch (2nd pic). :17875::wink::hammer::notthatway::yankchain:

cpsseals

That horrible jacket fit perfectly just a few months before. That year I went from 5'8" to 6'3"!!! I think the noise I made growing kept the neighbors awake at night. Lol!

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Since I looked a lot like you did in the first pic, I won't say anything about how "cool" we thought we were but how goofy looking back. A flight jacket that's 2 sizes too small... Really? :)

BTW, you should quit riding the clutch (2nd pic). :17875::wink::hammer::notthatway::yankchain:

Some one should point out that all but the very smallest johneys had hand clutches!!!!!on the right side...he has his foot on the left rear wheel brake!!!!!@just sayen.......:harley:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some one should point out that all but the very smallest johneys had hand clutches!!!!!on the right side...he has his foot on the left rear wheel brake!!!!!@just sayen.......
Yea, I kind of remembered that but I never got much seat time in one. We had a JD630 but being a somewhat small kid, they didn't like me on that one. That makes no sense to me now that I'm older because instead of the smaller 630, they put me on the 4020 which is twice the size.

cpsseals

A couple more pictures of the old girl...

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That old girl is in GREAT shape. Good pics. Always funny to see the different hair styles of the times. They say us guys finally find a style we like and we stick with it no matter what the fads are . Thank god I did not stick with the big hair 80's style. :yum:

cpsseals

I didn't have much of a choice. My career dictated a regulation haircut and it kinda "grew on me". Now that I'm retired and returned to the ranch I can grow back the locks. Ya right!

20/20

That old girl is in GREAT shape. Good pics. Always funny to see the different hair styles of the times. They say us guys finally find a style we like and we stick with it no matter what the fads are . Thank god I did not stick with the big hair 80's style. :yum:

I can't say I found the style I like But I can sure say the style found me. Well wait, is balding a style :D