grab handle for drivers side

zenchal26

Why hasn't Kubota added a grab handle like the one on the pass side on the drivers side? anyone come up with a handle for the x1100c?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I usually grab the steering wheel to hoist myself on but a handle would sure be nice on drivers side. I've seen aftermarket " add on " ones that clamp in place but never bought one . Noticed the lack of the factory driver side grabs in trucks too .

Tree mulcher

I found some at our local farm supply store that work really well. They are just a canvas cuff with Velcro straps and a hard plastic handle. Came 2 in a pack for less than $20. I don’t remember the brand, but it may have been Kolpin. Put the other one on the passenger side roof roll bar, my wife really likes it there. Should be able to find some at most any place that sells atv/utv accessories.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
does your model still have the brackets welded to the cab frame for the folding glass left over from the old model 1100? mine does and i think you could fab a nice solid handle from that anchor point.

zenchal26

I’ll have to look for those brackets. The aftermarket ones that wrap around the ROPS bar will not work with the x1100c due to there being no bar to wrap it around. The tops is all part of the cab

poke

Speaking of missing handles... What do you grab with your right hand when doing the full torso twist for serious backing- up?

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Speaking of missing handles... What do you grab with your right hand when doing the full torso twist for serious backing- up?

My 04 now has a full cab but the bracket for rear screen, now gone, is in the perfect position to grab when backing up. Some day I might put a handle there but until then it works well.

I got a metal handle from a tractor trailer I Think it was a MACK cab they were bolted in. I have not installed yet. you will just drill and tap into post and bolt on like probably 1/4 " bolts. its plenty strong enough to hold that's what it was in the truck a lot of times they are on the outside for getting into cab. the one I have has 4 holes 2 on each end I was going to just use one hole on each end.