New CK20S Manual 15 Hour Review.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
Hello All,
I bought a new CK20S manual transmission a with loader and industrial tires. I would say, I am a boarder line fanatic when it comes to tractors. My wife says, it is not boarder line. Anyway, I put my new tractor to work cutting my pasture the very first day with a 4 foot brush cutter. The industrial tires makes the tractor feel very goatish (stable). My pasture has some 45 degree angles which is common on my property. ( I live in them there hills!:biggrin:) The CK went places my last tractor could only dream of. Now to the real review:
Power: The CK20S with manual transmission is strong in its low range but super slow in reverse. I find low range is too slow and shift to high reverse on longer reverse movements. High range is too fast to do any real work with the bucket loader. I bush hog in Low range third gear which is fast enough on my hills. You could bush hog in High first on flat land. The engine is smooth and the power has increased as it has started the break in period.

Loader: The loader is solid and a strong lifter. It will almost lift the back wheels off of the ground with a brush cutter on the rear if you get it under the root of a big walnut stump. I intend on making a fork lift attachment when my garage/shop is completed. It looks as if it comes off in mins, but I have never removed it.

Transmission/ Rear End: The transmission seems clunky in a good way. It is solid built and feels tight. I do not like the gear ratio spread, but I will get use to it. I selected the manual transmission, because, I intend to work the dog poo out of this tractor. I personally do trust the hydrostatics in smaller things for long term use. :myopinion: My last tractor was a thirty year old Yanmar with a manual transmission. It seemed clunky also, but it still worked well.

Rear lift: Works great and it is strong and smooth. They got this about as right as you can get it.

Lights: Mine did not come with rear work lights and the front lights are blocked by the loader most of the time. The rear light hook is pre wired in and there is a mount. I bought bright LED drive lights to mount under the ROPS for better forward viewing pleasure at night.

That is all for now. See my other thread for pics. :wink:

Rider7767

Site Supporter
20130817_143833.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes siree ....steep.
Good pics and Great review. Thanks!!!! :tiphat: