Husqvarna Transaxle

jwstewar

Staff member
We were camping this weekend with our 4-H group and right as we were getting ready to leave, one of the advisors asked her husband what part he needed for his lawn mower/garden tractor. Without knowing specifics, it is a Husqvarna either garden tractor/lawn mower, don't know the model. I'm assuming it is a hydrostat as he said it pee'ed all over the floor. They said it is about 4 - 5 years old with either a 48 or 50" deck and everything is in good shape. They said they've had trouble finding one, but when they did it was $750. Does anyone know of any good places for them to start looking? At this point, I'm assuming new or used either one would work for them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd think you could probably get a whole tractor for darn near $750. Just look behind a Lowe's, Sears or Home Depot for returns.

I just searched our Craigslist and a 26HP, 54" deck with 4 hours is selling for $1850.

jwstewar

Staff member
Yep, that is kind of my thinking. Eventually they would like to move up to something a bit larger (they have 2 acres) but just now starting to understand the concept that the box store "tractors" are pretty much throwaway.

LincTex

The Husq lawn tractor is probably made by the same folks as the Craftsman machines... it is most likely a Tecumseh-Peerless hydrostatic trans-axle and can be found used on eBay for about $150 and new ones run about $400

The Deere built machines use a better one made by Tuff Torq... I don't know how hard the swap would be, but it is a MUCH better built trans-axle.