RTVX-1120D Aluminum Rims

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am not a big fan of the fancy aluminum rims with ATV tires on the recent 1120D. I asked my dealer about swapping them for a dark grey rim and ATV tire. He said they are not able to do that.

After about a week in the mud and...well stuff that doesn't look good on a fancy rim, these will look terrible.

Have others on this forum kept them, traded them, replaced them?

I know the factory ATV tire itself is not great for traction and many other types have been suggested.

If I don't hear a better idea, I will take delivery as is and as soon as financially possible, replace with steer rims and 26" Wild Thangs.

Is there any market for slightly used aluminum rims and factory ATV tires?

By the way, we appear to have a bumper crop of pawpaws in Ohio this year, barring any frost between now and May 15th.

DEK

Ohio Pawpaw Grower,

I like the polished aluminum rims because I don't drive in many muddy sloppy conditions. In fact, if I could get a set of 4 for a good price, I'd scoop them up. I'd like to have a second set to use for different seasons/conditions. I've been looking for a set that I can mount some Kanati Mongrels or Maxxis Ceros on. I do appreciate your thinking regarding the looks of aluminum rims after they've been through some mud. The dark grey rims would "hide" the mud better.

If you sell yours, pm me and maybe we can work something out. But I do live in UP of Michigan, so shipping might be ugly. Thanks.

ovrszd

As Shinnery said they changed from 5 bolt to 4 bolt few years back. So might be hard to sell them to an owner of the older models.

Wonder why the dealer said it's not possible to swap to grey steel? Aren't grey steel offered on some of the other new models?

Steel wheels aren't extremely expensive so you may end up buying wheels when you upgrade your tires.

If you are going to operate in mud you aren't going to like the factory tires.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Find another dealer! The Camo model has some black alloy rims on their website. If your dropping that kind of money the dealer should accommodate. I am with you though I am glad I went with the steel rims besides not wanting to spend the money my rims are actually pretty sharp looking when they are not covered in mud.

ovrszd

Find another dealer! The Camo model has some black alloy rims on their website. If your dropping that kind of money the dealer should accommodate. I am with you though I am glad I went with the steel rims besides not wanting to spend the money my rims are actually pretty sharp looking when they are not covered in mud.

Mine too. They have very good paint and clean up nice!!!! :)

I bought a leased,loaner whatever you call it 2014 x900 with aluminum wheels and turf tires. I told the salesman I'd buy it but not those tires and wheels. He swapped them out from another unit and I now have metal rims and new lug tires. He also knocked $300 off the price of the unit.

ovrszd

I bought a leased,loaner whatever you call it 2014 x900 with aluminum wheels and turf tires. I told the salesman I'd buy it but not those tires and wheels. He swapped them out from another unit and I now have metal rims and new lug tires. He also knocked $300 off the price of the unit.

Good trade in my opinion!!! :)

rtvman

I am not a big fan of the fancy aluminum rims with ATV tires on the recent 1120D. I asked my dealer about swapping them for a dark grey rim and ATV tire. He said they are not able to do that.

After about a week in the mud and...well stuff that doesn't look good on a fancy rim, these will look terrible.

Have others on this forum kept them, traded them, replaced them?

I know the factory ATV tire itself is not great for traction and many other types have been suggested.

If I don't hear a better idea, I will take delivery as is and as soon as financially possible, replace with steer rims and 26" Wild Thangs.

Is there any market for slightly used aluminum rims and factory ATV tires?

By the way, we appear to have a bumper crop of pawpaws in Ohio this year, barring any frost between now and May 15th.

Don't know if you'd be interested in swapping but I have a brand new set of take off stock wheels with the ATV tread tires that have never been used before that I would trade you for the aluminum ones. I'm coming through Ohio in a few weeks and could meet you if you were interested.

They are off a 2016 model X1100C. I have the center caps and all.

Johnny Gunz

I kept mine, in case me and the wife decide to go recreation ride in the Quachita Mountains about 2 hours away. I am also running Wild Thangs, on a cheap set of Delta Steel Rims and love them.

Attachments

• BOTA 1.jpg
    BOTA 1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 61