TT45A service cost?

fishrman

OK, I had a problem with my tt45a. Clutch pedal got stuck on the other side of the clutch stop when I panicked trying to get it stopped on a hillside. I was able to pull the clutch back around the stop and it was fine again but since I was fearful this might happen to someone else, I called New Holland. They were courteous and told me that they would contact the dealer I purchased it from and have them contact me. My dealer contacted me and told me they would like to come check it out and that they may want to take it back to the shop to inspect it closer. I told them that would be fine. They did end up taking it to the shop. I told them since they had it at the shop they just as well go ahead and service the tractor and asked them to change the oil, change fuel filter and check the brakes and other fluids. That is all I asked them to do. They were in contact with New Holland and me during a week long period of having it in the shop. They told me they were able to duplicate the problem with the clutch a couple of times and that New Holland told them to weld a bigger plate onto the clutch pedal so that it couldn't go around the stop. They didn't ask me if I wanted that done, they just did it. Fine with me as I want a safe tractor.
Bottom line, I got my bill today and they don't break down the hours spent for each process but I can tell you I about fell over. Truthfully, I would have traded the tractor off if they would have told me what they were going to charge me.
Since they didn't break down the bill relative to hours, I can't tell you how much for each but they say they Changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, put 15.95 of antifreeze in it somehow ( it was barely low). Charged ME for picking it up and bringing it back even though they are the ones that said they wanted to bring it to the shop. Charged 3.00 a mile for that or 240.00! On top of the parts costs they charged 481.85 for labor! Oh, and shop supplies of 24.09. Also says they power washed the tractor, (I never asked for that). They washed out the radiator fins. Again (never asked for that)
Blew out outer air filter.
Total bill is 867.54 with 71.07 charged for parts and the 24.09 shop supplies!
I think any reasonable person would say this is ridiculous.
I never asked them to do anything to the clutch pedal. That was New Hollands suggestion. I never asked them to pick up the tractor etc. etc.
The only thing I feel I owe for is the service work. What do you guys think would be fair to figure for the service work done? Do you agree with me or am I nuts?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd be talking to a manager or the owner as that's outrageous.

They should have manuals that say how much time for each task. I'd ask to see that.

fishrman

Called manager today and he told me the office sent that to me and they were suppose to check with New Holland before sending it out. Apparently they didn't or if they did, New Holland must not be backing what they originally told me. If that is the case, Deere will be in my future! Stay tuned!

fishrman

Update. Just got an update bill with the same bill as before only with 15.00 service charge tacked on. I called the manager again and he told me to disregard as New Holland is allowing 350.00 toward the bill and I can just take that off. Am I wrong or is that still about 200.00 to high for what they did? He told me that he couldn't send me a bill showing how much labor for each operation!

fishrman

Another update. Now they have concluded that I owe about 330.00. Now we are getting somewhere and as soon as I get it in the mail, I will send them out a check.

IndianaAg

15.95 what in the radiator? I assume dollars so they probably flushed it. There are two questions you have to ask yourself, is or has this tractor been a good piece of equipment for you, (sounds like it hasn't been as you would have traded it?) and is this a dealer you want to do business with in the future. Just as an aside, you probably won't be any more satisfied with a John Deere compact tractor as they aren't any better until you get to an ag-tractor.

sportsman

i agree with indianaag. todays deere in the compact line are'nt what peaple think they are. you pretty much have a yanmar untill ya get in the utillity line. you have a better tractor than a deere in that compact line, you just need to find a better dealer to deal with. i've had problems with mine and larry romance litteraly bent over backwords for me. a lot of dealerships are only into it for the sale, and only a hanfull in it for the buyer, just need to find that dealer. hope this helped ya and gave ya a better piece of mind.