RTV running hot? New ISSPRO gauge installed tells the truth!

wayneh

My RTV with a hundred hours reads around 3/4 to 7/8 of full scale all the time. I pulled the old gaugeout and installed an ISSPRO gauge. Reads 180-190 all the time now.... No more guessing what the factory gauge really means... The sending unit for the ISSPRO gauge fit right in the same threaded hole that the original sending unit was in. </p>

Wayne</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Dammit, I like that !!!!!</p>

That takes care of the guessing >>>>
</p>

>>>>>>>> two guns </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is a grand looking gauge. Do you mind suggesting a good price to pay or where you got it? I bet it doesn't fog up like the oem. Thanks, Bordercollie</p>

wayneh

Yea, I forgot about the fogging, this one does not fog up. I have a couple if ISSPRO gauges. The white one is called a marine gauge, and the wires from the sending unit seem quite a bit heavier than the black faced gauge. I bought that one on ebay new for fifty bucks. The one in my truck I got from www.streetsideauto.com for 81.35. It was the best price around, and shipped right away. The black faced part # is R5658. If you get the white faced gauge, make sure it is for 12 volts and not 24. Good luck!</p>

Wayne</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wayneh,Thanks for the info and the part #. I am going to put this info in my manual and will get one if I can justify it. Right now though, I am squeezing my pocketbook tightly .I am sure many folks will be glad of this info as well so thank you again. Bordercollie</p>