rtv 500 bed rails

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Tommy:</p>

</p>

The chain saw carrier for the bed rails of an RTV looks like it might be a good idea. If I can add my .02 cents.What about bolting a wood strip inside, top and bottom to protect the teeth on the chain. I have a plastic protector that slips over my chainsaw blades but a couple piecesof wood bolted inwould be one less thing I would loseout in the woods.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i was thinkin justslide the sleave in there now i do have some 1x4 teflon sheets they would last alot lok=nger than wood and it wouldn't be as rough on the blade.. do you think the teflon stuff would be better? i can post a picture of the stuff i'm talkin about i know for sure though that it's not hard enough to dull a blade it's a thick plastick like stuff.</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Tommy</p>

That teflon-like stuff might do the trick...and be much longer lastingthan wood I suppose. How to mount that stuffand countersink the bolt heads so it doesn't hit the chainsaw blade might be difficult. Maybe get some others input to see if the effort would be worth it.</p>

</p>

Tommy,</p>

Since everybody has an opinion, here's mine. That looks like a great design, very heavy duty which we all like. It can be used on any rails for any model but different chain saw makers make different styles of their protective rubber sleeve. Don't modify your design to make them all fit. The basic red rubber sleeve will fit any saw that's made and it can always be found as a replacement for any saw. The only thing different is the length. Either include one with your rail system or tell the buyer to get one theirselves. Now, It looks like your design will fit saws of varying length bar which is good for most non-commercial users on this site(16-20 inches). If somebody requests one longer you may have to fabricate a longer nose on the holder, but I think the best protection for the teeth on the blade will be the standard rubber boot. I've worked with a lot of loggers and you can't believe the mess in the backof the equipment trucks. The main protection for those saws iwhen bouncing down the road to get to work is the rubber boot. You don't have to reinvent that protection.</p>

By the way, This post has got it all and is one of the most interesting one that I have seen. You've got animals, toys, humor and information!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i'm gonna finish this one up and slap some paint on it and post a picture of the finished one. we'll see how it goes.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
here's some pictures of my "possie"little baby is full grown and she is maxed out at just under 3lbs she small and i think tinkerbell is gonna be even smaller than her. now i gonna run out to the shop and get some finished pics of the saw rack.</p>

</p>

1007027na0.jpg
</p>

1007007sm9.jpg
</p>

</p>

1007006vm5.jpg
</p>

1007005sz9.jpg
</p>

</p>

1007032ph0.jpg
</p>

1007002gz1.jpg
</p>

1007025gi3.jpg
</p>

1007001mv6.jpg
</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
ok here is the finished one . if you look at it you will notice that there is a gapthats because the sleave for my craftsman saw won't slide all the way in so the saw won't go all the way in so it leaves a gap i fixed that with the 1"block of teflon it works of great and is better on the saw that rubbing on iron anyway. i have a huskyvarna saw and it fits all the way in to it but it wouldn't hurt it any if the block was put on it so i might just install the block anyways as a permanent piece. as for as tiedowns points i'm lookin at it right now and trying to figure out what would be the best way and spot to tie the saw down.</p>

</p>

1007063lr9.jpg
</p>

1007062iw2.jpg
</p>

1007061lr0.jpg
</p>

1007058sl1.jpg
</p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
sent the rails out today you should get them in a day or so let me know how they do.</p>

ckruse

Hey guys, is it possible to see some pictures of these rails/accessories attached to the unit? I'd also be interested in how the rails attach to the bed? Stake pockets? </p>

I'm anxious to get my 500 home on Monday. How much do the rails like this sell for. They look great, and really substantial. Thanks, CKruse</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="ckruse"]</p>

How much do the rails like this sell for. . </p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Heck, don't worry about the price of the rails. EVERYBODY who orders from Tommy gets a special surprise. Kinda like the prize in a Cracker Jack box. Some have teeth, some have no hair, some, well, it would not be a surprise if it was told. But any way you look at it, you will be surprised, that is the Boot Saver guarantee !!! Even if you loose your job and cannot afford a set of rails, Tommy will still send you a coonass surprise .....</p>

>>>>>>>>>> two guns >>>>> </p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the only one who has a set that can show you what they look like mounted is messicks so if he can mount them your set.as for as the price they go for 65.00 plus shippingand yes they are made tough you won't find anything out there on the market made tougher than my stuff i use iron they use tubing.</p>

ckruse

Thanks Tommy, how do they mount to the bed? Also, how high do they extend above it. Price is more than reasonable. I'll be getting with you after I get past the initial hit on getting the unit. Thanks again, CKruse</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
heck if i know i just make the stuff and sell it and for some strange reason the people who buy it end up finding a way to mount it up lmao. but really you need to drill some holes on the top lip of the bed to mount themi prefer 3/8 hole but it's up to the buyer and i don't drill any holes in them i leave it up to the buyer as to where they want to drill at mainly because i don't have an rtv at all i wish i did. but it's comin .those little sockets you seen in the picture are for the weedeater attchments and stuff.and the chainsaw holders.</p>

G

The ones I got are a birthday present for my Dads machine. They've not been mounted yet. </p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
So Tommy if you can leave the big women alone make me a set for my 900. I want a chain saw holder and weedeater rack also. Time to get your butt to work. No whining about it being hot either. I had to wait for the frost to burn off so I could weedeater the fence line. Cleaned up a load of corn cobs from the feeder and shoveled them in the wood boiler. Went down to the fence row along the pasture and cut a big load of wood. Filled the RTV up and dumped it in front of the boiler. All before 8:00 am. Then weedeatered fence line for about 11/2 hrs. Wife says I can get 2 feeder cows as long as I butcher them before Thanksgiving. So I have to get back in the farmer mode and check fence line and reconnect the automatic waterers and pick up some steer chop by Wednesday. They are calling for 2 more nights of frost so I get out of planting more garden for a few days. I had to cover up over 20 plants last night and most likely for the next 2 nights so no point in putting more out just yet.</p>