fel grease fittings

Farmboy238

Can anyone please tell me the size and thread for the grease fitting for a KL551 Kioti loader. I broke two off while loading dirt into mu dump trailer. I tried 8mm X 1.0 as per dealer mech., but they will not go in they stop after maybe one turn. I took a broken one with most of the thread still on to the local HD to use their thread checker. The fitting was too large for the 8mm and too small for the 10mm. So what's up can anyone HELP.

Thanks; Farmboy238:14_6_12:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know Farmboy. Do you think maybe the threads are messed up or maybe they are standard thread? Are the originals gold or silver color? Were you able to get the rest of the broken ones out? Good Luck. bordercollie

urednecku

If the dealer is no help, (did you talk to one of the mechanics, or a parts boy?) try a good machine shop. Most of the experienced machinist should be able to take one look @ it & hand you the right one, of at least tell ya what it is.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If you can't find anyone to help by looking at the old one, you might need to get an assortment of them. I got an assortment of the gold colored ones at JD. They are handy to have extra of in case they get damaged like in your case.In my case the gold ones happened to be metric and the silver standard- next time it may be different. Some are more corrosion tolerant than others. I have a Kioti with loader but can't tell by looking about the fittings size. Good luck! bordercollie

Farmboy238

Found out today they are american standard 1/8 NPT but need 10 mm metric wrench to change. Go figure, american standard and metric combined. New Holand does some of that too.
Thanks for the reply's

Farmboy238

:shitHitsFan:well sorry guy's another dealer parts man was WRONG I tried an 1/8NPT this morning and it would not go in. Maybe one and a half thread so they are not 1/8NPT. I wish that I could find someone who really knew????????

Last edited:

Farmboy238

The threads are good because I took another fitting from the other side and it worked great. I wonder if Kioti has used non standard thread for their equipment so you have to buy their parts???:2gunsfiring_v1:

shvl73

do you have a tap set? you should be able to tap it to 1/8" NPT & put them in. I've got a Korean backhoe & found it easier to adjust to NPT than search out the OEM.
I hope this helps some.

urednecku

The threads are good because I took another fitting from the other side and it worked great. I wonder if Kioti has used non standard thread for their equipment so you have to buy their parts???:2gunsfiring_v1:

NO, they would NOT do THAT!! NO WAY!!:bonk::bonk:
Just like JD and all the others. On my green equipment one will have standard, another has the metric. Gotta keep us guessing!!