My Kubota RTV900 was stolen from our farm sometime last night. It has
been reported to the macon county sheriff's office, Department of
agriculture, alabama bureua of investigation, and crimestoppers. It is
posted on machinery trader and i'm in the process of putting it into
the national equipment registry. Serial # is20031125DY2. ROPS # is
R105230.If you live near macon county alabama, keep an eye out. it also
has the hard orange FOPS roof. they cut two heavy duty chains and had
to move two other larger tractors to acess the kubota. no other items
were missing. thanks everybody and try and get the word out.

banghead.gif

Macon County Sheriff's Office 334-727-2503
</p>

this was posted by a forum member on heavy equipment forums.A good reminder to lock up what you can.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wow , Muleman, I thought that it was yours at first. I just can't stand a thief and will keep my eyes open. It was wise the guy had all the # handy..One day we will have to put gps chips in everything.! What we really need is to have tougher sentences and the right to protect our property without being sued or jailed ourselves.. Bordercollie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'm forwarding the note & numbers now to some folks over in thatway !!! That'sreally bad ....</p>

>>>>>>>></p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I believe in the use of deadly force for thieves! Lost my black german shepherd over the weekend. While it could have been due to natural causes I can't help but wonder how I lost 2 dogs in the past month. Both happened while I was away visiting the granddaughters. The shepherd was still in her pen but acted like she may have been poisoned. I have taken to locking up for the first time in 25 years. A neighbor about 3 miles away had a chain saw stolen last week and he lives right out on the main paved road. Gonna get me a holster to start carrying while I am out and about and start greeting anyone that does come around with a gun. Sad state what this land is becoming when you have to arm yourself as far out as I live. I dug an extra hole when I buried the dog so it is ready if needed!</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
thou shall not steal............</p>

</p>

We see it In good times but especially in bad economic times - thepeople out there looking to make a dishonest buck. Thievery makes our Constitution and the Second Ammendment worth their weight in gold. The right and ability to protect ourselves and ourproperty.</p>

Besides the obvious (rhymes with shotgun), whats are"other" bestways to protect RTV's?</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="muleman"]</p>

I believe in the use of deadly force for thieves! I dug an extra hole when I buried the dog so it is ready if needed!</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Sorry about your lost !!!!</p>

Always carried down here.Just think it's always best to have !!! </p>

Lay back and watch, they will be back, this time, be ready ~~~~~~~</p>

</p>

>>>>>>>>>>> two guns </p>

</p>

Muleman,</p>

If you need any help, I am sure that I can get Zoom and Keifer to come with me to the Pa border and help you set a trap...........We might be able to fly Tommy, Bordercollie and Two Guns up to the closest airport and then pick them up also..............</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
this is a good idea someone had on a rhino forum and i think you guys should do the same.get a cheap cell phone and pay for the cheapest plan they have or even get a extraphone on the plan you have already then take that phone and put it in a sealed up water tite container that is small then secure it to the frame or any part of the rtv or utv or car or truck and hard wire it into the battery. now you have an automatic gps tracking device all you have to do in the event of the thing being stolen is call the phone company and they should be able to track the phone down(note turn the ringer off and put it on silent mode cause to track it they will have to call it) plus it your ever in the wild you will have a backup phone too.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
as for as rounding up that rtv juss give me a call i'm dare buddy i ain't got nuttinelsebetter to do than help out a pal.</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
fella updated the serial #. the units serial # is 28514. I told him he should watch auctions and craigslist,e-bay for it. </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Muleman, I am truly sorry to hear about your pup. I know it's unlikely but do you think it could have been Parvo? It resembles some poisons and it can live on surfaces for a good while. (use bleach) On the thievery ,Forget the hole and save some work digging. Just get Two Guns to send you a few gators up there. It's called the Hoffa Effect. ... On protecting stuff with wheels, I know this is a royal pain but.. On the JD diesel mower I leave in Ark to mow my folks yard... I have it in a locked shed, chained to a metal support and with a dead battery .. and then I take off the front wheel.. sad isn't it ...But so far so good. Most thieves are too lazy to do the effort to steal it. Some farmers around here have a circle type clasp on their gates that can't be pryed. It's something that might help unless there is a torch in their truck. Once a thief gets a taste of your stuff, they start thinking about what they left and start licking their lips.....then they will try for it again... Bordercollie </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you say the shepard was in the pen an acted like she was poisened . you mean they killed your buddy? or they poisened her? man if someone was to poisen one of my possie crew i would go off on them when i caught them.</p>

Onfoot

Really sorry about your shepherd, Muleman. Never easy to lose a friend, but especially hard if in fact he was poisoned. Sad that anybody would be so sick, but it does happen.</p>