RTV 500

Lee Davis

I recently bought an RTV500 and I'm really enjoyingit. The only problem so far is the speed. I purposely bought it for work and some pleasure. I have teen sons and did not want a dune buggy style (watch this) sorta ride, but I would like it a little faster than it is. Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks for speeding it up? </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome Lee Davis,</p>

Really don't know, for we own RTV 900.... </p>

For I haveheard of people doing different things to their machines to gain speed, not only the Kubota's, but other Utiltiy vehicles also, and when it comes down to it, the question is, is it worth all the effort and money / time, just to get two or three MPH more out of the machine. </p>

In some ways, it would be nice to go a little faster with the RTV's, but the way I look at it. Kubota has spent millions of $$$ on researce and design on building these units.Figure they are a little smarter than I on the pinging and panging on their machine., if I get to messing with the flow of things on the machine, not will I mess up the machine, but I will probobly mess up the RTV, void the warranty, and end up either purchasing another RTV, for I just screwed this one up for sure.... or just right out end up walking ~~~~</p>

Now I did notice one thing, when I installed the High Rise Intake, it made my machine run a little faster than it did when purchased, but the reason for the intake was not to increase speed, but to keep better / cleaner air going to the engine >>>></p>

Imagine it is some secret somewhere one can do to increase speed, but my suggestion would be, leave well enough alone and enjoy, you knew how fast it would run when you purchased the machine, that's just my 2-cents worth.....</p>

Do you like the power of the 500 ??? Never worked out of one .</p>

~~~~~~~~~~~ two guns >>>></p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Lee Davis, I became very content with my 900 after " I got the rhythm in me"and well said Two Guns...................... Bordercollie</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Lee:</p>

Welcome to the RTV Forum. Most of the folks in here have either the 900 or 1100 Series RTV. Hope you come back often and share your experiences with your 500.</p>

Ah yes,teenage boys and their need for speed.Guess we all went through that stage at one point or another. Maybe some are still trying to "goose" their machines to give a little more power/speed. However, it appears Kubota had "utility" in mind when they designed the RTV's. They designeda working machine and not a speed machine.Don't feel left out, other RTV owners have inquired about turbo charging the engine or changing this or that to boost performance. At the end of the day however, it seems most owners learn to operate the RTV within the design perimeters Kubotabuilt into the machine. Bottom line,you won't be getting any "air time" with your RTV 500, at least not intentionally.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

ckruse

New guy here too! I will be taking delivery of an RTV 500 on Monday. Getting the camo model with roof, grill guard, and rear screen. Something for me and my 12 year old daughter to manage the hunting land, cut wood, make trails, maintain food plots, etc... I've been lurking here and haven't seen much on the 500. I guess they are still very new in comparison. </p>

We love to hunt with both bow and gun, and do all kinds of outdoor activities. I like to post pics, so here's one to start: Me and the kiddo with her Missouri youth season turkey. 23#, 10 1/4" beard, 1" spurs. Sorry if I hijacked the thread, I just figured it would be a good time to speak up, being (almost) a new RTV 500 owner! CKruse</p>

100_2261.jpg
</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Ckruse and Lee Davis! Good to hear some folks are getting into the new 500 series. Will be interesting to hear what folks find out about the new machines. Welcome to your daughter also. That is a fine looking bird she got. Good to see young folks out enjoying a quality experience with their parents. We try to keep this a family friendly place with a fair amount of humor and good will thrown in. Don't mind Tommy too much as he can't help himself. He has been in the swamps too long! I have been up on the mountains too long myself. Would much sooner deal with bears and coyotes over gators and snakes. Post often and enjoy yourselves. Bill</p>

Yes.....welcome Lee Davis and Ckruse...Look forward to your postings. I too have a 900 and look forward to hearing about the your 500s. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="ckruse"]</p>

</p>

We love to hunt with both bow and gun</p>

100_2261.jpg
</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Ckruse, </p>

Welcome , come on in, maybe can pick up on some huntin' hints !!!! >>>>>>></p>

We are goin' to get along fine. Sure is a super bird she's got there !!! My hat goes off to the young lady, for I have nothin' but respect for her....</p>

Also one of the RTV 900 owners. Use the machine for deer management and sirius hog and deer hunting in the Louisiana swamps..... You will love the machine, Kubota had folks like you and I in mind when they designed the machines .... enjoy the forum, be lookin in on you and tell the lady to keep God in her heart, and keep reaching for the stars !!!! Safe Hunting !!!</p>

>>>>>>>>>>> jamie ( Two Guns )</p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
welcome to the gang and man we sure do like pictures around here so post away.</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
ckruse:</p>

Welcome to the Forum. Huntting with your kids, riding in the RTV, cutting wood and blazing trails. Doesn't get much better than that.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome CKruse !!! Families doing things together is what keeps this country together. Can't wait to hear about the new machine!! Bordercollie</p>

Ckruse,</p>

WELCOME to the forum........This is a great place for infomation on RTV's and hunting or anything else you are interested in............Just ask a question and someone will answer.............Good luck with your new RTV,,,,,,,,,,,</p>

Rusty Anvil,</p>

Onfoot

Just want to add my welcome to Ckruse and Lee Davis! I think you will find this is an incredibly helpful and supportive forum, with more than a bit of fun thrown in. I have learned more about swamps, crawdads, and Popeye Chicken than I ever dreamed possible! And useful advice and recommendations as well.</p>

Regarding squeezing more speed out of the RTV500, I would simply echo what has already been said--is it really worth the effort to wring out 3-5 more mph? I got my RTV900 after giving up on an Arctic Cat Prowler. True, I could go 55mph on the Prowler, but it could not cope with the demands of real work on the property. Every time I turned around, something would be bent or broken. And going 55mph was not especially helpful when winding my way through the woods doing my firewood gathering and forest maintenance. Don't get me wrong--the Prowler is a great machine for those who want simply to see how fast, how deep, and how steep they can go. But compared to the RTV, it is a toy--like comparing the Dukes of Hazard's '69 Dodge Charger to a Freightliner semi.</p>

Finally, very impressive bird! Keep the pics coming!</p>

doggman

ckruse - Welcome from Reynolds County (Johnson Shut-Ins), where you have to go get your turkey or deer before the poachers get 'em... </p>

You guyswill have a good time with the RTV500. I haven't driven one but wonder if itpromptly comesto a halt when you let up on the throttle like the RTV900s do? Let us know. </p>

doggman</p>

ps - That blue hoodie that Kiddo has on looks a lot like turkey colors - be careful! ( I hide all my blue, black, brown, and red clothing during turkey and morel season so that they don't get tagged or bagged...) </p>

ckruse

Thanks to all for making a guy feel welcome! I have driven the 500 and it's almost like you don't need the brakes with the VHT. You let off, it stops. </p>

Doggman, Ashlen was hunting from a Double Bull blind, where black is the camo. I usually make her take the hoodie off outside the blind (due to turkey colors). Just an oversight on this instance. I believe in safety first where turkey season is concerned-- too many horror stories. </p>

Anyway, I'm anxious to get the RTV home. Thanks again for all the posts! CKruse</p>