Onfoot update--bedliner

Onfoot

Just to report that I finally broke down and got a spray-on bedliner applied to my RTV. I ended up going with Armaguard (which I gather is called Ameriguard in the USA). Choices this far north are limited, but I have to say that I am impressed by the outcome so far. Will let you know how it holds up. The guy who has the local franchise did a great job. With my help we had the 'bota in and out in about 2 hours and he only needed CDN$200 for the job (about US$170 today). Now I don't have to hold my breath when I am using the cargo bed!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
god goin on the bed liner hope it works out . i never got around to useing one in my hpx .although i did spray on some of the cheap one you buy at wally worldit didn't last and chipped off . after that i would just throw the cement and rocks into the bed and forget about it after all it was a minni truck and thats what i bought it for .now i did clean it up after each time and take careof it but when work had to be done she was right there in the thick of it.my next utv will have a sprayon liner though </p>

Onfoot

The 'cheap' self-applied coating at Canadian Tire was going to cost a bit more than $100, and would not have been anywhere near as good as the professional coating. I wrestled about whether or not to worry about it, thinking, like you, that it is after all a work vehicle. But in the end I couldn't bring myself to throw my tools in and rip up all the nice paint...</p>

Onfoot

[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]</p>

OnFoot........Just curious...Is that the stuff that gets sprayed on hot? Know what you mean about "crappy tire":)</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Yep. It is applied hot and is dry in about 30 seconds. Quite amazing, actually. Seems pretty indestructible, too.</p>

thats good stuff...I've seen pick-ups treated with it and it is tough and durable.. I'd get it done to my rtv if it didn't already have the drop in plastic bed 'cause i'm rough on the box hauling wood, soil, crushed stone etc. An aquaintance even had the frame of a street rod that he built coated with it. </p>