3pt. snowblower

sportsman

mornin. i am lookin into a new 6-1/2 foot rear blower but don't know which of them blow the best, easyest and farthest. just was wounderin if i could get some ideas from anybody that has a rear blower. thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey sportsman. I'm lucky enough to be out of the snow belt so no snow blower experience. I'll bump this for ya as we have others with snow blowing experience.

If you don't get a reply here jump on over to www.forumsforums.com/3_9/ It is an off topic forum started by a bunch of tractor nuts. Quite a few of those guys have snow blowers, snow cats and all kinds of snow toys.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't use them much anymore but I don't recall there being much of a difference between the ones I did use. They're pretty simple in terms of moving parts and such so I'd check the gear boxes, steel gauge and in particular, how the chute moves (since that's what always seems to get stuck).

Kanook

The snowblower on one of my machines is branded Kubota and has the auger driven via a shaft and gearbox which is directly in front of the 'fan' and somewhat blocks the entry to the fan (impeller). This setup works fine except in heavy wet snow where it impedes the flow of the heavy wet snow into the fan. My other blower on the 3pt hitch of another machine is an Agrotrend and the auger is driven from one end (as opposed to the middle) via a chain/sprocket and this works better in the wet heavy stuff. I would recommend the latter if you are likely to encounter wet heavy 'southern snow'. If you will be doing a lot of seat time chucking snow,go with hydraulic rotator and chute deflector if your tractor has the remotes. Adjustable feet for adjusting ground clearance will be useful if your blowing gravel/dirt laneways (skid plates).