Model # of my 900 RTV

Voskaca

Trying to look up some parts for my mother in laws 2005 RTV 900. Surching under "series" (RTV), then "model" the drop down box list RTV900 G,R,T,W... How do I know which is me? I don't see that on the data tag on this unit.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The serial number on the frame just above the battery should help you on that but it may not be there . If it has the hydraulics, it should most likely be a WS model. It has a lift control by the driver's seat for the bed.
The Utility model has extra hyd controls for accessories- and the GP model has none , I don't remember about the turf model but that it came with turf tires originally.Then there was the recreation model -camo. Different special promotions may have added features so this is just an idea of the basic models out there. Some parts will be the same anyway, it just depends on what it is.There is a very old thread on here about how you can find out the year model as well by the year # being over so many digits in the serial #. I think it was by BCZoom.
I had an '05 WS and really like it and it used no oil at over 4000 hrs when I sold it.. good luck , bordercollie

Voskaca

It is the camo model. It does have hydraulic drmp,but no additional for attachments . All the data tag has is type (RTV 900) the serial no. and product identification number.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It is the camo model. It does have hydraulic drmp,but no additional for attachments . All the data tag has is type (RTV 900) the serial no. and product identification number.

Hi. OK that is good to know, so it is probably the" recreational" model. It also came with all terrain tires and a speedometer? I am going to be out of touch tomorrow but most likely it is similar to the WS on many parts. but what type of parts are you needing? I think the folks at Messicks eqpt (do an internet search and it will pop up) will help you find what you need with the serial /product id # and knowing it is a camo recreational model. good luck, bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With the camo, it sounds like the recreational model. All others were orange only in 2005.

Thinking about it, I don't think the Serial # back then had a model included. My guess is the VIN is something like this.
KRTV900A510nnnnn
the nnnnn is a 5 digit number that increments up by one for every one they built that year.
The newer VIN's have 1 more digit. I don't know if they put a leading zero on something or included a 1 character value somewhere that denotes the model or ???

I do know the older ones (with the VIN format above) had a real issue with State DOT's. In states where it needs registered, Kubota's VIN was 1 digit short and the State's software rejects VIN's that aren't exactly the right length (17 digits)

Voskaca

Thanks guys, I found the tab on the kubota sight that let you look it up by the serial #. bczoom you are spot on with how my vin number looks ... Looked up the parts, called my local dealer and he has most in stock, the rest will be here next day.