Some of Our Massey Tractors

olcowhand

We try to keep our old tractors looking decent, so a fresh coat of paint goes on when they start showing their age. Here are a few pics. 1st is one of our two MF2745's we painted last year.

DSC00007-1.jpg

This is our other MF2745 and my Dad. He's 82 & going strong still. We just put a new coat of paint on this one last week.
DSC00100.jpg

This is our Minneapolis Moline "Avery" model. My Grandpa bought it new in "51". He passed in 1973 & we bought it at his estate auction. We painted her up about 3 years ago. Never been overhauled & still runs like new..only mechanical work was a new clutch.
FixedMoline.jpg

This is our MF1100. Repainted it a couple years ago.
Kaylin018.jpg

Here's our MF1130, repainted last year.

DSC00006.jpg

shinnlinger

Thanks for sharing, those are some nice looking beaties...you have at least a third of a 2008 calender sitting under your nose.

olcowhand

Thanks guys, we also have a MF2705 that we painted this summer, but I haven't gotten round to making the decals for it. When I do, I'll post a pic.

Archdean

Hey olcowhand, I can just hear the guys on this board asking each other "who in hell let these two goofballs in here"?

Your work is to be admired and with that I'll go back home and stop bothering these nice folks and tend my own knitting!:wave:

They do have a nice board and it was fun being here!

Thanks for having me today and please visit when you get the time!

Dean

Mith

Nice looking machines there Dan.

Interesting rear rims, I guess the swirls are to adjust the track width?

I've never known a farmer take such good care of his equipment ;)

olcowhand

Nice looking machines there Dan.

Interesting rear rims, I guess the swirls are to adjust the track width?

I've never known a farmer take such good care of his equipment ;)

I always wanted to keep them looking good, but Dad never used to wanna spend the money to do so...until I started restoring the garden tractors. After seeing how they looked, then we started painting the farm tractors. We've always took real good mechanical care of them, now we keep the looks up too. Plus all our farm tractors are older. The newest is a 1980, so they need TLC now & then.
And yep, the rims just "spin" out or in as needed. Just loosen the sliders, take "lock block" out & spin as needed, then lock all down again.

shinnlinger

cow hand,

Might I ask how you make decals for your machines???

Oh, what is the cylinder stuck on the side of the Moline for???

olcowhand

cow hand,

Might I ask how you make decals for your machines???

Oh, what is the cylinder stuck on the side of the Moline for???

I bought my own decal cutting machine & software. I can do most decals unless too intricate with colors. Intricate colors require a vinyl printer, which start at $10,000.00!!!
The cylinder is the implement lift. If you look close you'll see a square shaft behind end of cylinder. you attach a linkage on it, then a rod or chain connects to implement to lift it. We used this tractor for many years to set tobacco, then after we put on the cultivators for the tobacco. Now we only use the Moline to run the grain auger at harvest. It's just the right size as when anything goes wrong the auger will pull the tractor down slowly before anything breaks. A bigger tractor just tears the snot out of everything!

A couple questions. 1st Do you make decals for anyone besides your own use? 2nd. What Massey Ferguson dealer do you buy from? I've been using Cottrells over in Simpsonville since Parrish Implement went out of business. I'm looking for a "plan B" since so many dealers are closing their doors these days. Plus, I'm shopping for another tractor (maybe 2) Cottrells sells mostly compacts and smaller utilities. I'm looking at 75 to 90HP w/ cab. That's sorta out of Cottrells bailywick.

olcowhand

A couple questions. 1st Do you make decals for anyone besides your own use? 2nd. What Massey Ferguson dealer do you buy from? I've been using Cottrells over in Simpsonville since Parrish Implement went out of business. I'm looking for a "plan B" since so many dealers are closing their doors these days. Plus, I'm shopping for another tractor (maybe 2) Cottrells sells mostly compacts and smaller utilities. I'm looking at 75 to 90HP w/ cab. That's sorta out of Cottrells bailywick.

Yes, I make decals for others when they are type I can handle. Some can take a lot of time to put together. Mine are "overlayed"....where different colors are laid on top of one another. In some cases I can do as one layer by removing portion of bottom layer then laying the matching piece in other color into that opening. Tedious to do!
On the dealers, we go to Columbia, Ky, which would be quite a drive for you. There is another dealer closer to you at Big Clifty, Ky. I've never been there but been told they keep a lot of parts in stock. I hadn't heard Parrish went out! G & G Motors in Columbia phone number is 270-384-4032, Bib Clift Service & Supply phone number is toll free 1-888-624-4591.

Yes, I make decals for others when they are type I can handle. Some can take a lot of time to put together. Mine are "overlayed"....where different colors are laid on top of one another. In some cases I can do as one layer by removing portion of bottom layer then laying the matching piece in other color into that opening. Tedious to do!
On the dealers, we go to Columbia, Ky, which would be quite a drive for you. There is another dealer closer to you at Big Clifty, Ky. I've never been there but been told they keep a lot of parts in stock. I hadn't heard Parrish went out! G & G Motors in Columbia phone number is 270-384-4032, Bib Clift Service & Supply phone number is toll free 1-888-624-4591.

I might be pestering you for some decals a'fore long!:waiting: I've got dozens of the "triple triangle" MF emblems of different sizes, but I'll be needing several different "MASSEY FERGUSON" silver and black decals like were common on the implements. I've got a couple "examples" in giant scale. (Decals off the sides of model 300 combines or rear of balers) Maybe they could be reduced and copied?

I'm restoring a complete line of implements for the 150. (plow (already done) disc, planter, drill cultivator, mower, rake, baler, ect, all of the correct size and age for the 150. I probably don't have to tell you, but finding parts to restore implements is MUCH harder than tractors.

I appreciate the phone info on the Massey dealers. Parrish Implement has been in the process of going away for 10 years. The 1st generation died off, 2nd generation got into a squabble over money and land value. The city of Louisville wanted them out to take over the site and ended up condemningthe property to force them out. Buford (younger of the 2 brothers) took his sweet time about leaving and finally opened a store in Brandenburg Ky. It's a feeble attempt at handling MF parts and some service, along with some Kubota stuff. Buford is more of a horse trader than a tractor salesman. I never could buy aything from him. He would rather sell you a basket full of old obsolete parts that don't fit anything than one new part. Doug Parrish (3rd generation) opened "Parrish Tractor" just south of Louisville. He was a mechanic in the old dealership. His new business is strictly service on anything Massey sold from the first TO-20's to 1980's models.

In a pinch, I've gone over to Floyds Knobs Indiana to Batliner Implements. (Another MF dealer) That's quite a haul from home though.

olcowhand

I might be pestering you for some decals a'fore long! I'll be needing several different "MASSEY FERGUSON" silver and black decals like were common on the implements. I've got a couple "examples" in giant scale. (Decals off the sides of model 300 combines or rear of balers) Maybe they could be reduced and copied?

The type decals you speak of should be easy enough for me to do. You talking about decals similar to MF1100 hood sides? Simple silver with black lettering? If supplied with a good pic & dimensions, I can replicate them. Just holler when ya want some! I have plenty silver & black vinyl.

The type decals you speak of should be easy enough for me to do. You talking about decals similar to MF1100 hood sides? Simple silver with black lettering? If supplied with a good pic & dimensions, I can replicate them. Just holler when ya want some! I have plenty silver & black vinyl.

That'd be the ones!:thumb: The bigger ones I have already are 3 to 4 feet long. I'll be needing a few that are around 12 to 16 inches. I found one "Massey Ferguson" decal for the back of the frame on a model #66 plow at a dealer in Ohio last year. So far, that's about the best I've done on implement decals. Now if this stuff was GREEN.....:yum: :beer: Those boys'll sell you ANYTHING so long as you can afford it:wink:

olcowhand

I made these for my Allis, bout the toughest ones I've done so far. Each color has to be put down seperately
and is a "one shot" deal if applying on top of another vinyl. Once it touches...that's where it stays, so gotta
get it right. I could have put each color on my tractor individually & been easier, but wanting to learn better
how to do it like this so I can ship, ready for buyer to put on.
DSC00270.jpg

Here's some Massey ones on my plow. The font I copied from a MF company image. These are easy to make.

DSC00272.jpg