X1100C Noise

Mork

Recently purchased a 2017 X1100C with 44 hours on it. Machine is in new condition and I just completed its 50hr maintenance routine. I must say it has a great ride and very comfortable with the cab, air, and heat. The only issue I have found is that when I ride over rough ground, I get a "clunking" noise coming from under the unit. Never hear it while riding on gravel road and she rides with not as much as a squeak. Anyone else experience this sort of noise? Short of removing the entire skid plate I can not find any issue with it.
Thanks
Jim

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there was an update when KTC recalled and replaced the hubs from a cast aluminum to a cast iron. make sure yours was done. the front and rear control arms will make a clunk noise when they move forward and rearward on the hinge. the cure is to place a machine washer on each end of each A arm to limit the slop. i have 6000 miles on mine and no clunk.

also grease the control arms regularly

Mork

I assumed it was normal for this sort of setup. Nice to verify it is just part of owning this sort of machine. Thanks guys!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I assumed it was normal for this sort of setup. Nice to verify it is just part of owning this sort of machine. Thanks guys!

this is not what i said. it isn't normal or should i say it doesn't have to be normal.

VA1100

Mork,
The part Aurthuritis is talking about was added to units after S/N 18012. It is number 045, part # K7591-17490 on the attached snip. I have a 2014 model that I added them to and that took care of the clunk, I bought them from the Kubota dealer, they weren't very expensive.
Pete

Attachments

• Upper suspension 2020-06-05 151515.jpg
    Upper suspension 2020-06-05 151515.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 43

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Mork,
The part Aurthuritis is talking about was added to units after S/N 18012. It is number 045, part # K7591-17490 on the attached snip. I have a 2014 model that I added them to and that took care of the clunk, I bought them from the Kubota dealer, they weren't very expensive.
Pete

Thank You. mine is a 2014 also but the parts on mine are just washers. it is good to know that KTC fixed this in the later models.:blob_blue: