Where is the spark arrestor

garry

I have a 2015 Kubota RTV1100C. I can not see how to get to a spark arrestor.
Can someone confirm to me that this year and model has a spark arrestor and how to get to it. Thanks.

aarkie

I have a older 1100 and the spark arrestor is on the exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler. You have 2 Allen head screws that hold it in the muffler, just remove them and pull it out to clean.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
You are right, it is an X1100C

on the rear bottom of the muffler is a single plug. remove the plug and gently tap the exterior of the muffler while the engine idles. this model doesn't have a screen like the old ones.

Frankenkubota

I have a 2015 Kubota RTV1100C. I can not see how to get to a spark arrestor.
Can someone confirm to me that this year and model has a spark arrestor and how to get to it. Thanks.
I’m a newby so ...... for what it’s worth. I have a rtv 1140, new in 2015. Some big co. owned it, as you can see, the outside has been heavily modified but underneath, it’s all the same, I guess. But filthy!

I just cleaned my spark arrester. Mine is in the “muffler”, the last big section of the exhaust. A little 6 in curved tail pipe is part of the arrester assembly. Mine was held on with 2 Allen bolts, #6. Metal gasket. It feels like it locates or “just fits” into something inside the muffler, no problem.

Because I have an odd bed, I had a little trouble getting the arrester out, no big deal. I did mine with the bed up, maybe better down?

It’s back in but I’m doing other stuff so I will test tomorrow.

The other stuff is...clean the engine and area around. Back in the day we would take our cars to the quarter car wash with plastic bags and tape, protect the disty etc and wash it off.

Mine is so filthy, a layer of red clay over a bunch of grease probably. And feathers, everywhere. My rtv was a bird house for wrens up until 2 days ago.

I’m guessing this engine is all electronic, no spark plugs, disty or wires etc.

Can I just rinse it off with the hose? Should I keep it running while I do it?

Good luck with the arrester.

Attachments

• 3A55C6AD-3DAA-4C79-8702-3131CD85EF4E.jpg
    3A55C6AD-3DAA-4C79-8702-3131CD85EF4E.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 038610F3-B222-4528-90EA-B716074FB104.jpg
    038610F3-B222-4528-90EA-B716074FB104.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 45
  • B469B75C-9874-46A0-BF46-3C39F870D2D7.jpg
    B469B75C-9874-46A0-BF46-3C39F870D2D7.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 44

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yep that is the old style spark arrestor. the engine is a diesel so no plugs wires or distributor. no electronics either. unless it has been modified with a gasoline engine???? i don't use water on my rtv's because of the danger of forcing water into the seals. but many do without damage also. i use compressed air to clean the engine and transmission.

Frankenkubota

No, it’s a stock diesel so, I’m gonna try to wash it off, gently.

Im living on site as I build my house and living in a 20 year old leaky 24 ft tin can camper and very lucky to still have a/c. That’s gotta be the next thing to break! IMHO that tiny house stuff is a load. Its like living in a coal mine.

Compressed air is 6 months away. If it ever stops raining. Plumbing rough in insp today!

Again, many thx.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ya know folks?? i wonder sometimes about all of the broken transmission posts on well kept RTV with low hours. and then there are the ones that have thousands and thousands of hours but are obviously used very hard. i wonder if a high pressure washer could be forcing water into the vents and seals causing failure???? what you think?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My transmission oil was always water free when I changed it . But, I was very careful- silly careful with the water Ditches would occasionally be deep as I crossed them but the rush to the other side was quick and standing water never touched the tailpipe but for splashes.
That could be very possible though if a pressure washer was really forceful around the seals. As we have learned in life , some employees aren't as careful as others or the person that is paying for the equipment.

Last edited:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Go to WalMart any buy Gunk Engine Cleaner aerosol or WalMart brand and use it on the engine. Use a brush to scrub it in the dirty areas then rinse it with a hose gently and it’ll come clean. Careful where you spray water you don’t want ANY in the transmission or intakes.
Never use a pressure-washer or car wash.