Knowing when to stop

Alblancher

I've owned my new Mahindra for a couple of months now and I am gradually adding to my collection of implements. I purchased the bush hog and box grader when I bought the tractor. Since then I have added a 3 pt beam pole and was given a 2 bottom plow.

I am ready to build a shed for this new tractor and a building that began as a light metal patio purchased from the local tractor dealer has become a 12ft high 30 x 42 post and beam structure with attic storage. I was reminded that I have a boat that should be out of the weather and a new travel trailer because the old trailer got water in it from sitting in the weather.

I was seriously considering purchasing a 3pt post hole digger with 12 inch auger. Just about 600 bucks from Tractor Supply for a cheap one to put in the posts for the shed and to plant some pecan trees.

In a moment of lucidity I added up just how much money this tractor has cost me so far. Adding the implements, the shed, the note, my jaw dropped. Enough is Enough, I am not spending anymore money on this tractor!

I called a local rental center and found that I could rent a Ground Hog post hole digger for $ 85.00 a weekend. I'm not spending anymore money on this tractor.

But now that I have that plow and the property to use it on I sure could use a cultivator and maybe a power tiller. With the new pecan trees I need to find something to haul water in, and I'll need to get one of them fertilizer speaders and with all the dead trees still down from Katrina I sure could use a hydraulic wood splitter. Oh Man, I got the disease real bad

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Just wait until you get a second tractor and have to duplicate implements, only in different sizes. :yum::yum::yum:

By the way, there's no real cure for it. You just have to man up, learn to live with it and soldier on.

Should see my collection... Bush hog, blade grader, box blade, 3 pt beam pole, middle buster, disc, 3pt post hole digger, round bail fork. Then there is the square bailer, hay rake & sickle cutter. I keep looking at that tiller at TSC and wishing....

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Should see my collection... Bush hog, blade grader, box blade, 3 pt beam pole, middle buster, disc, 3pt post hole digger, round bail fork. Then there is the square bailer, hay rake & sickle cutter. I keep looking at that tiller at TSC and wishing....

You don't need to go to TSC, come to my place. I have a Kuhn that I haven't used in 3 years but, you know, I may need to till something up next year ... or the after. :)

You don't need to go to TSC, come to my place. I have a Kuhn that I haven't used in 3 years but, you know, I may need to till something up next year ... or the after. :)
Yea I know, you may not use any of your implements for years but when you do it's nice to have. I'm in need of a 6 or 7 foot beast to keep the practice area worked for my daughter. She just finished her 2nd season of barrel racing, pole bending, etc and is ready to get serious plus she's getting into calf sorting.