Lighting

Harley

Sorry for you long time members to this forum.....i am new.
I just bought a new 2018 RTV 1100C. But i would like to mount my own work lights and yellow strobe (for plowing). Do I need to get K’s switches and relays or are there OVC ones at NAPA or wherever? Also, I assume the wiring is all up there in place .....the dealer was less than knowledgeable and I couldn’t speak to a service guy today. Thanks ..... love the stuff I have read here ....plan on being a regular

I don't know your machine, but the connectors were "proprietary' to the switches for my x900 Not a huge deal but i ended up in a cut and splice situation for sure. I did install rocker switches. I also put in an under the dashboard light to light up the foot pedals and such. You should always use a relay with higher power lights, but the generics work as good as anything else. I ebayed my lightbars. very happy

glennm

Hi
I put led strobes front and rear on my 900. I connected them to a spare connector near the key. They come on with the lights so no switch was needed. I mounted a light bar under the roof and took a lead with relay from the battery. I bought the bar on amazon and the wiring came with it. The switch was included and sticks on with adhesive. I mounted it by the dump bed leaver. I will add a rear worklight as well, that will splice in with the light bar and have its own swtch

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Hey welcome to the forum! I am lazy and just bought the switches from Kubota one for front lights and one for rear light. The wiring harness is in the overhead cab already, under the two front external roof plugs there are wires and the left rear plug has wires. I did not install a strobe but it’s probably already wired.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Sorry for you long time members to this forum.....i am new.
I just bought a new 2018 RTV 1100C. But i would like to mount my own work lights and yellow strobe (for plowing). Do I need to get K’s switches and relays

This is a personal note on the subject . First, don't go cheap, get good SUPER heavy wire to run, if not already run, fuse it , and on the toggle switch,
I try to always go with 50 amp , 30 will prob do....
Work lites always pull much, now we know LED don't pull as many....

Know of a owner who put a "light bar" on his side x side ... and for some
reason kept blowing fuses... Find out it was the cheap toggle shorting or burnng out... Thank God for the fuse ............

AMAZON has them

............ ................ two guns

SVG

This is a personal note on the subject . First, don't go cheap, get good SUPER heavy wire to run, if not already run, fuse it , and on the toggle switch,
I try to always go with 50 amp , 30 will prob do....
Work lites always pull much, now we know LED don't pull as many....

Know of a owner who put a "light bar" on his side x side ... and for some
reason kept blowing fuses... Find out it was the cheap toggle shorting or burnng out... Thank God for the fuse ............

AMAZON has them

............ ................ two guns

+1

That includes the light fixture/bar. I went with a Black Oak light bar. Yes it was quite a bit more than the cheap bars. But it is a high quality bar built to a higher spec.