My trailer mover - Thanks to JimR for the inspiration

shvl73

The recent thread by JimR made me get going & build my on trailer mover. It came out ok & I used it today to move our horse trailer.

Attachments

• 1129091048c.jpg
    1129091048c.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 1129091048a.jpg
    1129091048a.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 198

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Hey, that's pretty cool. It looks like another good idea I'm going to have to file away so I can steal it when the patent expires.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice work. :thumb: yet another reminder of why I need to get a welder set up in my pole barn. :pat:

Ductape

Thing Is.....................................

You gotta have one for the front, too !!!! :pat:

Plenty of other uses besides just trailers too.

SugarMaple005.jpg

3190.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice set up DT. I have the simply clamp on ball that I put on my FEL. It's hard to line up as I can't see the ball when pulling up to the trailer. Looks like your design took care of that problem. :thumb: Good work!!!!!

I love the inovations folks come up with for making our tractors useful and handy to have around.

Here are a couple of additions to mine that have been useful tools.

The one on the loader just locks in without pins. Having an 8000lb winch permanently mounted in the loader is a real treat. The box weighs a bit over 1200lb. 650 quad, fishing poles, chainsaw, rifles and such headed for Alaska. You will notice that I just have a shackle at the apex of the extention on the loader. Usually there is a small pulley there. As I didn't have to run out or take any line I just did the pick and put it in the trailer.

The rear unit has the small boom for picking logs with the tongs and is removeable to use with the regular top link. It also has an 8000lb hyd winch with chain hooks and an easy lift reciever.

Had to edit, noticed that I had put the winch in other categories, don't beat me up to bad.

Attachments

• P1000002.jpg
    P1000002.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 133
  • P1020889(1).JPG
    P1020889(1).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited: