New Kubota M59 specs and pics

Chris2520

Here is a link i just found to the New Kubota M59.
it the first pictures i seen of it , with specs.
for those that are intrested. Looks like a bigger L39
with all same options a L39 has. a little to big for my needs.
but looks like its going to be a beast. it claims to have a hard nose
slanted front end. with auto level ,tilt steering , and side panel display.
just like the L39.;) front bucket is 84 inches wide....:eek: 8400 pounds
at $47000 , I think i am still going for the L39...;) and on the M59 ,you have to buy the whole 3 point set up seperatly. it dont come with it...:(

Fiser Truck & Tractor: Agriculture: Kubota M59 Diesel Tractors

Chris....:)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great 1st post Chris. :thumb:
A 59k tractor that don't come with 3PH hardware! :eek: What were they thinking???? :confused:

larryRB

Great 1st post Chris. :thumb:
A 59k tractor that don't come with 3PH hardware! :eek: What were they thinking???? :confused:

Kubota is learning from John Deere,, How to make your 25,000 product worth 40.. JD's 110 TLB is the same thing,,, the 3 pt is a very expensive option

Chris2520

I am still going for the L39 , soon as i sale my JD 2520.
I just dont think the extream cost is worth it for the M59.
and its to heavy to tow without a dump truck.

Chris.....:tiphat:

Curtisfarmer

There is a term for when the extra whatever is not worth the incremental price.....law of diminshing returns I believe.......and that to me is the case of the M59. It is an excellent machine that unfortunatly costs too much, more than smaller and cheaper machines will do already other than few "once in a while" tasks. Kubota should have restyled the L48 with a similiar price. Who can now afford the large Kubota TLB?? I could barely afford the L48, and the M59 is a stretch probably beyond most peoples/ co.s ability to afford. $50 Gs is alot of $$$, possibly difficult to get the needed return on the investment. Here is a thought, I wonder how much more productive the M59 would be in comparison to a L48 on some or most tasks. Say digging, will the 6" increase depth matter? Lifting, will the ability to pick up bigger things matter when the L48 picks up everything and a full bucket everytime? Mowing, no need for extra HP as both machines will spin mowers too big to trailer....and on and on. Dare I mention the things the M59 will do better. Probably not cause it will make me want one! In a nutshell:Excellent machine, too much $.

Dougster

Old Member
There is a term for when the extra whatever is not worth the incremental price.....law of diminshing returns I believe.......and that to me is the case of the M59. It is an excellent machine that unfortunatly costs too much, more than smaller and cheaper machines will do already other than few "once in a while" tasks. Kubota should have restyled the L48 with a similiar price. Who can now afford the large Kubota TLB?? I could barely afford the L48, and the M59 is a stretch probably beyond most peoples/ co.s ability to afford. $50 Gs is alot of $$$, possibly difficult to get the needed return on the investment. Here is a thought, I wonder how much more productive the M59 would be in comparison to a L48 on some or most tasks. Say digging, will the 6" increase depth matter? Lifting, will the ability to pick up bigger things matter when the L48 picks up everything and a full bucket everytime? Mowing, no need for extra HP as both machines will spin mowers too big to trailer....and on and on. Dare I mention the things the M59 will do better. Probably not cause it will make me want one! In a nutshell:Excellent machine, too much $.
It is difficult to know what was in the minds of Kubota brass and marketing folks when the decision was made to go so big and expensive with it's upgrade/replacement for the L48. There certainly is a lot of buzz and interest out there... but will it translate into a big improvement in TLB sales?

I was not paying attention at the time (so maybe it was a similar kind of deal)... but in retrospect, the "upgrade" from the L35 to the L39 seemed much more sensible. Most folks I've spoken with seem to feel that the L35/L39 upgrade amounted to an excellent product improvement. Why the L48 was not simply improved in similar ways... no doubt with some modest HP increase a marketing necessity... kinda baffles me.

It doesn't bother me at all that Kubota added a new top-end megabuck TLB machine to their line-up. All power to them!!! :) I'm just confused why they've left such a large gap in the TLB line-up. I think the only conclusion you can draw is that Kubota must feel that the L39 is a decent, pick-up truck towable line-up replacement for BOTH the L35 and the L48. Many of the performance specs are close... but for my needs, give me an L48 over an L39 any day of the week.

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Slight Thread Hijack: What's the cost of a fully equipped L39 and L48?
Last time I checked street prices:

Low-to-mid 30's on the L39
Mid-to-high 30's on the L48

Your mileage may vary significantly based on dealer and options.

Dougster

Chris2520

I got a price on a L39 with quick tach rear bucket and front hydraulics for grapple, a little over $35000 out the door tax and all....:wink:

Chris...:tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So Chris, is a new L39 in your future?
(IOW have you sold your Deere?)

Curtisfarmer

L48 $39.9 for the last 2 rears in NH, I paid $38 2 years ago and $27.5 2 weeks ago for L48 no hoe. I think in the next few weeks is the shut off for selling L48s as the factory is probably no longer making them.

Dougster

Old Member
L48 $39.9 for the last 2 rears in NH, I paid $38 2 years ago and $27.5 2 weeks ago for L48 no hoe. I think in the next few weeks is the shut off for selling L48s as the factory is probably no longer making them.
Brand new L48's have been gone for a long time around here. The last batch was gobbled right up. Either they were giving pretty good discounts to move them out or folks were scared of the $10K price increase and towing hassles they'd face in the spring with the replacement M59... or both.

Truthfully, I was a little shocked at how fast those last L48's disappeared. I was kinda hoping & praying for a bunch of L48 leftovers and a significant closeout discount to dump them before the M59's appeared. :D

No such luck. :(

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dougster,
It doesn't look like you'll see the 'significant' closeout discount, but I'd guess we can find you a L48 somewhere between your place and mine (I'm about 14 hours drive away). As long as you don't mind doing a little road trip with your triuck and trailer I bet we could hunt you down one somewhere ....if you are ready to buy.

larryRB

I was kinda hoping & praying for a bunch of L48 leftovers and a significant closeout discount to dump them before the M59's appeared. :D
No such luck. :(Dougster

there are two new ones sitting on Aheans lot is Spencer MA,, I won't buy from them because I think their pricing is too high, they have a web page that you can check out

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, It doesn't look like you'll see the 'significant' closeout discount, but I'd guess we can find you a L48 somewhere between your place and mine (I'm about 14 hours drive away). As long as you don't mind doing a little road trip with your triuck and trailer I bet we could hunt you down one somewhere ....if you are ready to buy.
Oh, I am far from ready to buy... at least brand new. On the other hand, I am forever scanning eBay and Craigslist for bargains. It's clear that something has to change equipment-wise in my little business for this coming season... but I have not yet decided what that change will be. Still under consideration: a) a mini-excavator, b) a skid steer loader, c) an upgraded TLB, or d) upgrading my own TLB. :eek:
there are two new ones sitting on Aheans lot is Spencer MA,, I won't buy from them because I think their pricing is too high, they have a web page that you can check out
I was not aware of those machines. Last time I was by there, they were completely sold out of L48's. If you are looking on-line, be aware that their website is usually at least a month or two out of date. Still, it is entirely possible they've gotten some in since I was there last.

But as you mention, Ahearn's is not exactly known for it's big discounts!!! ;)

Dougster

Chris2520

So Chris, is a new L39 in your future?
(IOW have you sold your Deere?)

Yes Doc , I think it just might be.:wink:
I been getting tons of info for months. dont like the flip seat on the JD 110. the L39 and 48 ant really that far apart. if you jack up the presure like mike did and ballist the machine to 81 or 8200 pounds. it lifts as much as the 48. and only a foot difference on the hoe. I got a friend in the constructions bissiness with 2 JD 310 extendahoes. he said very rarely do you need to dig over 10 feet. most public utilities are not even over 10 foot. any of these machines will dig out about any stump you come accross. so power is not a issue. i tested a L39 out. and liked the shuttle gear for implament work better than the hydro. and so far , i like the little smaller foot print. as for the M59 , its a nice tractor. yes it lifts more than the L39 or the 48 and diggs almost 2 feet deeper , you dont need.
and now has the L39 options. but its big , hard to tow to wide of bucket , and way to big of price tag. yep its more machine than a L39,
but fully loaded M59 will be over 50000 , so do i think its $16000 more tractor than a L39 ? Nope. not to me...:tiphat:

And no , I have not sold my JD 2520 , I was going to trade.
but the dealer said with 56 hours my JD was to new. and i was going to take to big of a hit. its only 9 months old. so i got to sale it
and my attachments like box blade and pallet forks out right.
its all like brand new. garage kept. it looks like it did on the show room floor.
and i dont even know where to start..:( I never sold anything like this.
in mid march i bought a 2007 2520 with 200cx loader , 61 inch bucket tooth bar and a 46 hoe with 16 inch bucket , BB2060 box blade and frontier fixed rail pallet forks , I match and ballist box. and everything was right at $27000 , kubota says if i trade. the best thay can do is about $18000:rolleyes: I cant take that big a hit. i been looking around. and thay say if i sale out right. i should easy be able to get 22 or 23000.
i will only sale it as a package deal , just like i bought it.
as i said , its all just like brand new. it will save someone 5 grand
off a new price.
but by saleing out right it would save me 5 grand to go twards the L39....;)

but soon as i sale it all , i will be at the bota store....:thumb:

provided the economey dont fall apart , and i loose all my money....:eek:

Chris....:)

Curtisfarmer

Chris,

Seems like the L39 is perfect for you from what you describe. Be careful about turning up the juice...voids warranties, breaks thinks, and makes you think you can do things you shouldn't. Just to be sure on your machine choice, drive a L48 and the L39 and see what you think. Probably the only true way to decided other than comparing spec.s on paper. If I was in the market for a L39 size machine, the JD110 (Yanmar) would not even be considered for numerous reasons. Not yellow vs orange or anything like that, I just think the L39 is a better quality machine. Sell your machine privatly to max your sale price as the dealer will always come in with a lower trade in value.:wave:

Dougster

Old Member
Chris, Seems like the L39 is perfect for you from what you describe. Be careful about turning up the juice...voids warranties, breaks thinks, and makes you think you can do things you shouldn't. Just to be sure on your machine choice, drive a L48 and the L39 and see what you think. Probably the only true way to decided other than comparing spec.s on paper. If I was in the market for a L39 size machine, the JD110 (Yanmar) would not even be considered for numerous reasons. Not yellow vs orange or anything like that, I just think the L39 is a better quality machine. Sell your machine privatly to max your sale price as the dealer will always come in with a lower trade in value.:wave:
I'll throw in my 2 cents and agree that for personal/private use only, I might prefer the L39 to the L48 and save the $4,000 difference. It's a very nice machine, easy to tow, easy to store, new/modern design and entirely adequate for non-commercial needs. Curtis is also right: Sell that Deere outright for maximum return. Don't trade. Heck, it's not even broken in yet. You should do fine.

Dougster

Chris2520

So where do i start to sale my deere. i heard someone mention
craig list. i dont know. what about tractor house and places like that.
i need to find a starting point...:pat:

Chris....:tiphat: