To mow or not to mow

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is my question.
My grass is mostly brown. I have weeds growing sporadically throughout the yard. Some of the weeds are 12 inches high. I'm thinking of mowing tonight.

Would you mow, or would you wait for more rain to help bring the grass back to life?

Mith

Mow anyway, reasonably high. You gotta keep the weeds down to stop them overtaking the grass too much.

B

bczoom

I'd mow it.

Parts of the yard are starting to brown here as well.

Rain is coming our way soon. Scattered are in the forecast from now until Friday. Looking at the radar, you have a decent chance of getting some today.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't mow. I was detoured on my way home by the wife and didn't get home in time to mow ... plus it was 90+ degrees out.
The 12 inch weeds are only on the dirt road area where I don't have grass, and a couple of new areas. Tonight I can't mow as I'm tied up with something else. Maybe Weds or Thursday I'll get er done.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I lucked out. I got home later than normal last night and found our boy on the ZTR mowing away. :thumb: The yard got mowed and I got other things done. :thumb: :D

PBinWA

I lucked out. I got home later than normal last night and found our boy on the ZTR mowing away. :thumb: The yard got mowed and I got other things done. :thumb: :D

That's just plain un-american! Tell that kid to get back inside and play more video games and eat some junk food before the fresh air knocks some sense into him! :yankchain:

jwstewar

Staff member
Like you Doc, last week I was debating wether or not to mow. Didn't have to make that decision. Came home on Wednesday the wife had mowed. Of course, that meant I could do the bush hoggin' that needed done since I hadn't done it all year. Now I need to finish other projects up so I can put the mower deck back on because we've had rain and now the grass....er.....weeds have really popped back up over the last couple of days. Have really taken over the garden.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My grass is still ni sad shape. The rain has been going around us. Great for boating, bad for the greenery.
I haven't brush hogged all year either. Gonna hold out a while longer for now.