Cabin Fever RTV Videos

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Cabin fever setting in a little here in Ohio. Thought I would pass along a couple of RTV-related videos I viewed recently. If you haven't already seen them, they helped take my mind off what I can't get done until things dry out or freeze up.

The first one is good info from Messick's on a 7300 hour RTV. When to fix and when to trade in on a new one. I am guilty of keeping equipment and investing in it too long. This was a nice reality check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKSXzCUgBg

The second contains one person's personal experience with the RTV-X1140 over time. I have some regrets about not getting the 1140, primarily the enormous bed and ability to haul grandkids and guests. But still thankful for what we have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlaTF-7aHk

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
We have been dry and warm up here around Columbus. I haven’t touched paper work it has been so nice out. Looks like rain tomorrow and Saturday but with a high of 67!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's great . Messick's has always been a great source of information and help. I loved ordering from them because they go the extra step for the customer.
It's nice here today and was yesterday , but it has sure been terribly wet. Just starting to dry out now but rain coming in again. (Good tires with "slinging mud "tread are a necessity ) . After things settle down here on the farm , I'll be riding fences on my machine :) .bordercollie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
That's great . Messick's has always been a great source of information and help. I loved ordering from them because they go the extra step for the customer.
It's nice here today and was yesterday , but it has sure been terribly wet. Just starting to dry out now but rain coming in again. (Good tires with "slinging mud "tread are a necessity ) . After things settle down here on the farm , I'll be riding fences on my machine :) .bordercollie

"ROX ON" collie:drive2:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The second video in that series expresses the presenters dismay at how his Kubota RTV isnt as powerful as he would like when climbing hills. He obviously didn’t read the manual. If one “slams” the pedal down in a hard-acceleration move it overloads the HST. If one presses the pedal slowly, and don’t try to “peel out” it will climb virtually ANY HILL with EASE. Use half-pedal and it will almost climb vertically.

foxalaska

We have been dry and warm up here around Columbus. I haven’t touched paper work it has been so nice out. Looks like rain tomorrow and Saturday but with a high of 67!

Been bouncing between 40 and 50 below for the last three days. Just started to warm. Damn 67 would be nice. I'm the poster child for cabin fever.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree. !! I just wouldn't know how to handle that severe cold. My fingers and toes with normal cold. ache down here in the south. Our humidity is usually high which adds to the aches but still below zero where ya'll are .... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. !!!

foxalaska

Sounds like it’s been -10 to -20 in Sterling, dad hasn’t been to town in weeks.

That's cold for that neck of the woods. Minus 50 is expected in Galena every year but days on end never getting above -40 gets old. This is the second hitch we got of this. Better than the 60 below temps we had a few years ago. That was almost scary.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
-40 is about as cold as it ever needs to get. If anyone has ever experienced it they will never forget it.
-50 is ridiculous, the cold air takes your breath away, hairs on your face you didn’t even know you had are covered in ice, eye lashes stick together, so dry your nose bleeds, nothing works, truck won’t turn over fast enough to start, if you do get it started brakes are frozen, pad locks frozen, door hinges squeak, if you have a garage door it’s frozen to the slab, frost bite on exposed skin, especially if there is a breeze, that kind of weather can take your life and you think about that every time you leave a shelter especially in the bush.
Stay warm up there throw a log on the fire.

foxalaska

-40 is about as cold as it ever needs to get. If anyone has ever experienced it they will never forget it.
-50 is ridiculous, the cold air takes your breath away, hairs on your face you didn’t even know you had are covered in ice, eye lashes stick together, so dry your nose bleeds, nothing works, truck won’t turn over fast enough to start, if you do get it started brakes are frozen, pad locks frozen, door hinges squeak, if you have a garage door it’s frozen to the slab, frost bite on exposed skin, especially if there is a breeze, that kind of weather can take your life and you think about that every time you leave a shelter especially in the bush.
Stay warm up there throw a log on the fire.

Yep, something as simple as taking a "whiz" is a challenge. Storm moved in. Warmed to single digits below zero in a few hours. It's like spring. Need to dig out a spot in the snow for my lawn chair.