Mountain View Ranch

We bought 120 acres in Southern Calif back in Dec 1999. Sold 40 to my brother the next year. Had hoped to move to the property within 5 years. Well, that hasn't worked out yet, but hope to in the next year or two. It is very very difficult to accomplish all that needs to be done on bare property when you only get to work on it part time. Oh well, better later than never.;) Here are a few pics, not very good though, sorry.

Attachments

• P2190037.JPG
    P2190037.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 608
  • P2190014.JPG
    P2190014.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 623
  • p2190040.jpg
    p2190040.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 614
  • P3170021.JPG
    P3170021.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 633
  • P1080072.JPG
    P1080072.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 602
  • P5200020.JPG
    P5200020.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 647
  • P5120003.JPG
    P5120003.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 659
  • P1010012copy.jpg
    P1010012copy.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 631

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great looking place.

Just curious, what happened from the winter to spring to cause that beautiful blue tractor to turn rusty industrial yellow??

Great looking place.

Just curious, what happened from the winter to spring to cause that beautiful blue tractor to turn rusty industrial yellow??

Well, that rusty industrial yellow is on our D6 and it has to sit outside with little to no care at this time.:eek: I hope to have a barn in the not tooooooo distant future that will be big enough to house all of our equipment.:thumb:
The 7520 just doesn't have enough weight or power to be able to pull our 12' disk in our terrain.:sad:

GreenMtns

OK Brian, I gotta ask..... Why did you have the dealer paint the tractor blue? Was it because Dougster's is red? :waiting:

Dougster

Old Member
Doug, I think that maybe it's time that we hear your version.:umbrella:
Shall I tell the version (My personal favorite!) where you are captured, tortured and forced to buy a tractor being sold by a renegade band of Smurfs??? :eek:

Or the one where the dealer's clumsy, color-blind service guy accidentally spilled a few drops of paint on your brand new tractor... and then decided to paint the whole tractor from the same (wrong) can of paint just so you wouldn't notice??? :rolleyes:

Or the one where the fast-talking tractor salesman gave you one helluva good deal on a New Holland T7060 one time after you'd had a wee bit too much to drink??? ;)

Or should I tell all three? :thumb:

Once upon a time, there was a rich, left coast, Hollywood guy named Brian who loved to play with very large toys... :D ...

Dougster

Shall I tell the version (My personal favorite!) where you are captured, tortured and forced to buy a tractor being sold by a renegade band of Smurfs??? :eek:

Or the one where the dealer's clumsy, color-blind service guy accidentally spilled a few drops of paint on your brand new tractor... and then decided to paint the whole tractor from the same (wrong) can of paint just so you wouldn't notice??? :rolleyes:

Or the one where the fast-talking tractor salesman gave you one helluva good deal on a New Holland T7060 one time after you'd had a wee bit too much to drink??? ;)

Or should I tell all three? :thumb:

Once upon a time, there was a rich, left coast, Hollywood guy named Brian who loved to play with very large toys... :D ...

Dougster

Maybe just one at a time and by the way, I have only had to much to drink once.:whistle:

GreenMtns

... which explains why you only own one New Holland Blue painted Mahindra! ;)

Dougster

So I have to go with #3

The ONE time he had too much to drink he goes tractor shopping (seemed like a good idea at the time) and finds that great deal on his new "New Holland" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bangin:

So I have to go with #3

The ONE time he had too much to drink he goes tractor shopping (seemed like a good idea at the time) and finds that great deal on his new "New Holland" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bangin:
Well I've been told that I did things that I normally don't do and I simply do not remember, so I suppose that this could be what happened.:oops: :forgetit: :yankchain: That 1 time was it for me, I don't like not knowing what I was doing.:badidea:

Dougster

Old Member
So I have to go with #3
Yep! :D And I still say you've got to admire Brian's unscrupulous tractor dealer for successfully pulling that one off! :thumb:
Well I've been told that I did things that I normally don't do and I simply do not remember, so I suppose that this could be what happened.:oops: :forgetit: :yankchain: That 1 time was it for me, I don't like not knowing what I was doing.:badidea:
But you did end up with a damn nice tractor after all... :thumb: ...even if folks will forever be asking you why you own the world's only New Holland Blue Mahindra 7520!!! :)

Dougster

Yep! :D And I still say you've got to admire Brian's unscrupulous tractor dealer for successfully pulling that one off! :thumb:

But you did end up with a damn nice tractor after all... :thumb: ...even if folks will forever be asking you why you own the world's only New Holland Blue Mahindra 7520!!! :)

Dougster

Would it change anything if I had two blue Mahindras?:wave: Ya know that I'm looking for a smaller tractor and with hindsight I should have bought that 3215 from Bill6.:pat: That would have been a sweeeeeet deal. Oh well something else will come along.

Dougster

Old Member
Would it change anything if I had two blue Mahindras?:wave: Ya know that I'm looking for a smaller tractor and with hindsight I should have bought that 3215 from Bill6.:pat: That would have been a sweeeeeet deal. Oh well something else will come along.
A second Blue Mahindra??? :wtf: Go ahead Brian... MAKE MY DAY!!! :mrgreen:

I thought Bill6's legendary, ultra-immaculate 3215 was headed to the Smithsonian... no??? :confused:

Just keep in mind Brian... the Blue 7520 *already is* your smallest toy!!! :yankchain:

Dougster

A second Blue Mahindra??? :wtf: Go ahead Brian... MAKE MY DAY!!! :mrgreen:

I thought Bill6's legendary, ultra-immaculate 3215 was headed to the Smithsonian... no??? :confused:

Just keep in mind Brian... the Blue 7520 *already is* your smallest toy!!! :yankchain:

Dougster

No he traded it in on a 2415 I think it was. I could have had that thing for under 14K and that would have included my travel cost to have picked it up.:mad2: Just didn't have any time back then. Bill is supposed to come by my place next week if his schedule hasn't changed. I better wash stuff up this weekend.:eek:

Dougster

Old Member
No he traded it in on a 2415 I think it was. I could have had that thing for under 14K and that would have included my travel cost to have picked it up.:mad2: Just didn't have any time back then. Bill is supposed to come by my place next week if his schedule hasn't changed. I better wash stuff up this weekend.:eek:
Sure wish I could come out there and meet you guys. :wave:

But yes... if Bill6 were ever coming here, I would want to spend at least 3 days getting ready. ;) Might be easier for you just to hire one of those automotive detailers to come out and really give the Great Blue Beast a complete going over! :)

Please give my regards to Bill6 and let him know that the Bill6 Standard of Excellence in tractor care still governs over here in Eastern Taxachusetts. :thumb:

Dougster