mader babies

Here are some of my babies. I had started over 300 seedlings, but I down to about 200 now. I took a flat out to the deck to get a little sun and sat down in my chair to watch the tv, fell asleep and woke up 5 hours later. High winds came through and took maters half way to Alaska. if you see any strays, please call.:yum:

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

Hillbilly
Big Rainbow
KBX (almost the same as Kellog's Breakfast)
Cherokee Purple
Delicious
Rostova also known as (Sunset's Red Horizon)
Pink Accordian
Wild Rose
Grand Pa Wille
Linnie's Oxheart
Novikovis Giant
Mexico
Baby Beefsteak
Bonnie Best
Persimmon
Thessalonki Oxheart
Costoluto Genovese
Golden jubilee
Italian market Wonder
Marglobe
Mule Team
Kellogg's Breakfast
Pineapple
Fuzzy Peach
Hartman's Yellow Gooseberry
Red Zebra
Rutgers
Howard's German
Cow's Tit (paste)
Arkansas Traveler
Tamarillo Tree Tomato
Zapotec
Red Robin (cherry)
Tiny Tim (cherry)
Porter (cherry)
Yellow Pear (cherry)
Czar Cherry (cherry)
Sweet 100 (cherry)
Supersweet 100 (Cherry)
Red Arumugam (cherry)
Jenny (hybrid)
Early Goliath (hybrid)
Sun Gold (Hybrid)
Berkeley Tie Dye (Hybrid)

This is the list I started with. I started any where from 3 to 6 and sometimes more of each variety. Of course, the hybrid ones, I don't save seed from. I just grew them to eat. I lost some of the varieties due to falling asleep in my easy chair and forgetting them on my deck. High winds came through and took about 100 or so plants away to who knows where.

Here are some of my babies. I had started over 300 seedlings, but I down to about 200 now. I took a flat out to the deck to get a little sun and sat down in my chair to watch the tv, fell asleep and woke up 5 hours later. High winds came through and took maters half way to Alaska. if you see any strays, please call.:yum:

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

Oh yeah...sure they're TOMATOES...hear that knocking at the door???
ITS THE DEA...:D:rolleyes:

xlr82v2

HMK,

That's pretty cool! I'd like to start saving seeds too...

I've been starting my own plants from seed for the past 6-7 years now, but haven't saved seeds.

This year we're doing Brandywine, Big Boys, Sweet 100's, Yellow Jubilee, and Roma tomatoes, with about 3 plants of each.

How are the seeds from the hybrid plants the next year? Are they worth anything? And, how do you save the seeds for next year, what kind of handling/storage prep do you have to do with them to keep them healthy for next year?

We're also big into peppers, we've started California Wonder Bell peppers, Poblano chile's, Habanero's, Cascabella's, Jalapeno's, Cayenne's, Cubanelle's and probably a couple of others that I can't think of right now. Never saved seeds for those either, but probably should... should come up with some interesting varieties, as easily as the peppers cross-pollinate... Maybe I'll plant the bell peppers next to the Habanero's, and see what comes up next year from the seeds of those 2 peppers:cool:.

We also start our own cabbage plants, eggplant, broccoli and cauliflower too, although this year we didn't start any broc and cauli... the wifey didn't want any this year.

Just waiting for the monsoons to go away and for the ground to dry so I can start working the dirt...:rolleyes: just got a new tiller for the tractor, and it's killing me not being able to get out in the garden and get the paint worn off the tines!

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Any updated pics now HMK? Great pics so far. Quite the system you have there. Nice job. I hope you'll show off some more pics as the season progresses. :thumb:

They are all out in the garden. I will try to get some updated pictures when they recover from being wind blasted. they look pretty bad at the moment. I did lose a few.

I have never saved seeds from hybrids, so I'm not sure what you might get if you saved them. Sorry I can't be of more help.