Eagle at the lake

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What great pictures. We are seeing eagles on the Ohio river on most weekends. Last year we knew where their nest was. We could anchor in the vicinity and watch them come and go. Guess they did not appreciate us there cause the nest is somewhere else this year. Dang it.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting those murph. They are awesome. I have eagle pictures all over my office and would love to print those out, but I won't since they are copyrighted.

I think there is a nesting pair on the Scioto River near me, but have not gone looking for it.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for posting those murph. They are awesome. I have eagle pictures all over my office and would love to print those out, but I won't since they are copyrighted.

I think there is a nesting pair on the Scioto River near me, but have not gone looking for it.

Hi Jerry hope you are doing well. Thank you for your kind comment.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
What great pictures. We are seeing eagles on the Ohio river on most weekends. Last year we knew where their nest was. We could anchor in the vicinity and watch them come and go. Guess they did not appreciate us there cause the nest is somewhere else this year. Dang it.

They may be back next year Doc. They are known to have a backup nest. Thank you for your comment.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten

I sent you a PM

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Another one up by the lake today. This guy was looking the other direction but was able to get it to turn its head.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great camera work Murph I saw 7 eagles over the past 4 days of boating, but no telephoto lens to capture them like you have here. Very nice.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great camera work Murph I saw 7 eagles over the past 4 days of boating, but no telephoto lens to capture them like you have here. Very nice.

Doc, my lens is a 400mm lens. Not strong enough for most wildlife pictures. But it is an expensive lens and I can zoom them in within reason and they come out pretty good. I wished I had a 600 or 800. Maybe someday.

Speaking of boats this picture was taken from out of my 22 foot run about on Lake Pepin and it was rough out there. I got lucky on about five pictures with the waves.

Thank you for your compliment :thumb:

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Caught this one flying along the shore line. This and two immatures where flying together.

I wished I had my better lens attached to the camera though.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got these today along the highway. Had to be quick because as you come up to them they take off. There was five birds here eating off some carcass. The DNR is pretty good about deer getting hit on the road and taking them into a field so the eagles can eat off them. The eagles find them pretty fast.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome pics Murph!!!!!! :thumb: I did not realize eagles were scavengers. :eek:

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Awesome pics Murph!!!!!! :thumb: I did not realize eagles were scavengers. :eek:

Thanks Doc! :thumb: Yes scavengers especially this time of year when the lakes are all frozen. We do have an area that does not fully freeze and that is at the bottom of Lake Pepin where the Mississippi runs out.