Max Trailer size for x1100c

My spraying business has exploded and I’ve reached the capacity of my 100 gallon tank. I’m wanting to expand my capacity because I’m spending so much time filling. Currently if there’s very few trees I can average about 10 acres every 75 mins and that’s with one fill up. I have bought a 30’ boom to compliment my 30’ so I should be able to drop that down to an hour. However, I would like to not stop and fill so frequently.

I’m considering building a trailer for a 300 gallon tank (maybe bigger), Honda pump and a 30’ boom. Possibly making it dual purpose and use it for Hydroseeder when I have a break. Right now I’m about 140 acres down and while I won’t get this ready this year, it’ll be a great winter project.

Question is, how would the buggy tolerate a 300 gallon tank and trailer. Best guess would be around 4000 lbs. doesn’t sound like much to me but far over the “advertised” rating.

Brett

Depending on tongue weight I think youll be bottoming out the suspension.

Guess I left that part out. It’ll be a tandem trailer. Don’t want to put much weight on the buggy at all except to aid in traction and not be to light. I’m talking about the grunting of pulling a 4K sprayer at 7-9 mph for a couple hrs a day

Brett

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mostly level terrain? If so I do not think you would have an issue. Balancing the load will sure help.

Tsunamibob

We haul 300 gallons of water in the truck for our spraying and it has a 32 gpm pump to transfer. Around here we fight trees also but we have lots of fields that are on inclines and I think trying to haul 300 gallons behind the x1100c would greatly slow down the process due to the weight. The best way to increase your speed is change your nozzles. We spray an acre in 1.5 to 3 minutes depending how many gallons per acre were spraying. We also have a 30' boom.

Bob

We haul 300 gallons of water in the truck for our spraying and it has a 32 gpm pump to transfer. Around here we fight trees also but we have lots of fields that are on inclines and I think trying to haul 300 gallons behind the x1100c would greatly slow down the process due to the weight. The best way to increase your speed is change your nozzles. We spray an acre in 1.5 to 3 minutes depending how many gallons per acre were spraying. We also have a 30' boom.

Bob

With my 20’ booms if the fields can handle it I’ll run 7-9 mph for 20 gpa. I run .2, .4 and .6 tips. .4 are my go to. I just picked up a 30’ poly and 26’ steel boom too. Currently can do 10 acres in 75mins. I have a 330 gallon tank on my trailer with a 1” gas pump and cam lock fittings so I can quickly refill. I’m trying to steam line this process as I’m fixing to add spraying fert when I’m spraying pastures. When I have 60+ acres to spray in a day I would love to cut my fills down. Gps has been such a great addition and don’t understand how people spray without it.

Do you have autosteer? Told myself if I get to 300 acres per year I’ll get it and AccuBoom

Brett

Tsunamibob

I have run as fast as 12 mph with hypro XR8004 (red) spraying 10gpa. Our unit has 3 nozzle sizes... red, blue and yellow. We use an Agleader InCommand 1200 with autoswath. Autoswath is where the boom turns on and off automatically. Our boom is separated into 5 sections that are individually operated. The Agleader also uses pressure, volume and gps speed and adjusts the output to the speed. That way if I speed up or slow down the nozzle output changes accordingly to maintain my set gpa. I just ordered the autosteer last wednesday and hope to get it by Friday. That should save a lot of time on larger fields. The most I have sprayed in a day was 85 acres so far. Last week I did 65 acres at 20 gpa. It was 100 miles away and we had to haul water over the day before... What a pain.

Bob