CK30HST - No hydrolics in forward or reverse

danielbelisle

I started my tractor today, let it warm up for an hour or so at -15 degrees Celsius. I have no forward or reverse drive nor do I have hydrolic power to lift bucket and 3-point hitch. Also, no steering.

No hydrolic power whatsoever.

I will try replacing the filters.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks
Dan

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like the fluid is not moving, you might have water in the mix and it's frozen. If that is the case all will be working once again once it warms up.

danielbelisle

I agree with you though we have had much colder temperatures last month and the tractor moved just fine. However, I will wrap the tractor up and try to warm it up. Will let you know how I make out.
Thanks for your quick response and help.
Danielbelisle

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck. I've seen cold weather really impact operations on some of my equipment ..hopefully that's all it is with yours.

danielbelisle

fixed problem

Hey Doc fixed problem..Sure enough my HST oil was contaminated with water. Oil was creamy white. Had to wrap entire tractor in insulated tarps and used a Mr. Heater 50000 btu heater for 4 hours under tractor. It started after taht. Brought it in a warm garage changed oil and filter and ready to go. The temp here in northern Canada is -20F. Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brrrr now that is ka ka ka COLD. Wow.
Glad that's all it was. Congrats on getting er going again. Way to go. Just 70 days until spring. Hope that helps a little. Take care and stay warm!!!!!