Refused to pull or move.

Beagle

Was riding around yesterday late with my son looking for deer. We stoped and he got out and walked up a logging road to check out arye grass field. I sat there with the rtv. When we stopped the front tire was in a small depression about9 inches deep. We were in four wheel drive. When he came backI cranked it up and went to leave.It was in M-4wheel, it would not move dropped it to L-4wheel and it would still just sit there and stall out. Tryed revere same thing just stall out. Took it out of 4 wheel and put it in H and no problem drove right out. It was as if the trans. would bog the engine down and not let it turn any rpm to spin the hyd pump to create the pressure in the lower gears. Everything was fine after we started. Put it back in M-4wheel and drove thru the mud, crossed the creek and up the bank no problem on the way back to the house. My question is was this just a fluke occurance or has anyone else ever experienced a similarsituation.We do have the ITP mudlight tires on it.

ScenicHill

Beagle, I haven't heard of a similar problem. We have nearly 500 hrs on our year old RTV. Use it on the farm daily. Be interested to know if you have a repeat and the source of the problem. Good luck. Dave/

Beagle

No did not lock the rear end. The engine just would bog down no tire spin or anything. Must have been a fluke. We pulled the dodge 1 tonup the wet hilland used it to drag 6 x 6 round bales of hay off the flatbed trailer today. No problem pulled like a tractor. Soon be time for the 50 hour service. For those of you who have never ran itp mudlite tires they are first class forMs. mud. But they are rough on the sod, but they will& do bite the gnd.</P>

</P>

G

sounds like a fluke to me, the 50hr service will probably help you. Most people seem to say there is a performance improvment after thats done. </P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do the 50-hour service and it'll help BUT, the issue will most likely remain.

Try this:
Put the RTV in 4WD.
Put a 4x4" or 6x6" (I think I used the 6x6) behind the back tires.
Try to back over it.
It probably won't do it...
Put it in 2WD.
Repeat.
It probably went right over it...

I didn't try going forward but that may be worth a test as well. Someone would have to dig through the forums to find the technical explaination.

Brian