RTV Snow Plow Photos

G

I enjoy looking at photos of the snow and the RTV's plowing it. How about posting some ofthe photos you have taken this winter. We don't get much snow here in Tennessee. The only thing I could use a plow for my RTV would be to grade the gravel on my driveway. It is snowing right now but it barely covers the ground. I guess the people in New York would probably like to ship us some of their snow. Thanks in advance!!!

BovsRTV

<FONT size=4>I have some! We had just over 36" a few days ago and with the snow drifts is keeping the RTV running! I just found this out while plowing the other day and don't know if anyone else realizes it or not so I'll share it! I was plowing my brains out and got stuck a few times mainly from the high snow flopping over the top of the plow and causing me to get stuck if the rig wasn't quite on firm ground. Well, I would push down on the differetial lock and it would get me unstuck!!! HEY!!!! I figured! WHY NOT LEAVE IT LOCKED!!! So, using the pull cable near the dump/power angle lever while pushing down on the lock it is now locked until I unlock it!!! HEY!!! YOU LEARN NEW THINGS EVERY DAY HUH!!!</FONT>

Chandler

Great pictures! With all the snow it's hard to tell about how long your driveway/road is to your home. About how much do you have to plow?</P>

BovsRTV

<FONT size=4>400' of gravel driveway, a deep turn-around(aprox. 75'), a large area between house and garage, and a big strip to right of garage about 40'X75'... LOTS OF FUN! I guess if we run out of driveway we could go up and plow some state land trails!!! :)</FONT>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="BovsRTV"]<font size="4">I guess if we run out of driveway we could go up and plow some state land trails!!! :)</font>[/quote]
Plow the lawn... That's what I do.

I don't have a driveway to my back buildings so I plow trails through the yard. I have one that goes from the house to the buildings and another from the building to the driveway (since the building is where my truck is currently staying).

I then take all that snow and make large piles in the yard for the kids to play.

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"][quote user="BovsRTV"]<FONT size=4>I guess if we run out of driveway we could go up and plow some state land trails!!! :)</FONT>[/quote]
Plow the lawn... That's what I do.

I don't have a driveway to my back buildings so I plow trails through the yard. I have one that goes from the house to the buildings and another from the building to the driveway (since the building is where my truck is currently staying).

I then take all that snow and make large piles in the yard for the kids to play.
[/quote]I thought I was the only guy who plowed the lawn,LOL.I plow trails to the wifes bird feeders and plow thetrails to talk our winterwalks on.[:D]coobie

Chandler

I allow that some of you who have close and/or senior neighbors plow their driveways for them too. Or do the county trucks do that for them? I wonder how they make it getting out who don't have vehicles to plow with or are not able to.

coobie

[quote user="Chandler"]I allow that some of you who have close and/or senior neighbors plow their driveways for them too. Or do the county trucks do that for them? I wonder how they make it getting out who don't have vehicles to plow with or are not able to.[/quote]I have a few senior neighbors close by me.I plow themout first in case they need emerg.help.I take great pride in helping my senior neighbors.I hope when I get up there in age some country folks will help me also.coobie

BovsRTV

I don't want to load the site down with too many pictures! As far as the neighbor thing! That's a great idea... Our neighbors are all taken care of here but we still put the word out to them to give a shout if they need anything! We only have 7 other neighbors on this country road and cow pastures surounding, we keep an eye out for them too in case they need help!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Chandler"]I allow that some of you who have close and/or senior neighbors plow their driveways for them too.[/quote]
Ummmm, I am the senior on our stretch of road.

[quote user="Chandler"]I wonder how they
make it getting out who don't have vehicles to plow with or are not
able to.[/quote]
It's not just us old people... Some of the younger families don't have the snow removal equipment so I help them.

doggman

Hey BOVS and DigOrange,</P>

What tires are you running for traction to push all that snow? The tire prints sure look like HDWS or Turf knobbies. Any chains? </P>

DigOrange you must live north of I-70 to get a snow like that. (You weren't doing a Poser photo at Hidden Valley Ski Area were you?) </P>

BovsRTV

Running the stock Worksite tires, NO chains! Don't have a problem so far! It still pushes the snow really well and moved big piles of snow when ramming into them! As mentioned in a past post, I keep me rear Differential loccked all the time now which helps greatly! Dig, Try yours plowing with diff. lock on then off if you have'nt tried it! We are completely satisfied with theperformance our rig is showing!