Tiller Parts

Mully

Hi ... I am looking for 2 parts for a RS1400 tiller ...I have a YM2020

1) The top link comes in two parts a triangle shaped part with 2 holes on each side(which I have) I need the other part ...the link that connects the triangle piece to the tiller.

2) I need the short PTO shaft to fit this tiller

Do you know of any source for these.

Thanks

Robert

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Robert, Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

I'm not familiar with the Yanmars but someone should be along soon who can help.

Jim

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Mully!

I bought a box of miscellaneous stuff along with my tiller. I'll see if I have a spare top link. I think there was one.

And I am still looking for the optional 'trainer wheels' for the back of this model tiller. My little YM186D can't quite hold rpm when it takes too deep a bite. (The YM240 that the tiller was designed for runs it fine, but that Yanmar won't fit under the trees in the orchard).

Mark777

Hi ... I am looking for 2 parts for a RS1400 tiller ...I have a YM2020

1) The top link comes in two parts a triangle shaped part with 2 holes on each side(which I have) I need the other part ...the link that connects the triangle piece to the tiller.

2) I need the short PTO shaft to fit this tiller

Do you know of any source for these.

Thanks

Robert

Hi Robert,

You can often substitute the Yanmar shaft with Kubota, Mitsubishi etc.. You may have to have the length altered but if it's 1 3/8" - 6 spline X fine spline (implement side) they work just dandy.

If you are looking for someone that probably has these parts in their inventory you should try:

Len Sheaffer - Sheaffer Town and Country Tractor www.sheaftractor.net -

AND/OR

Tractor Ernie http://www.ernies.net/ Phone: (503) 829-9170

Last time I spoke with Tractor Ernie, he had a huge inventory of tillers and parts (and some salvage units too). Good luck

Mark

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mark, my tiller has standard pto spline on its input. They must have built several versions of the RS1400. I have installed the driveshaft both ways then finally decided the outer part of the sleeve should be on the front. This way it ever slips out, the exposed inner part of the slider won't get dented by whipping around.

Do you suppose Ernie has the 'trainer wheels' for this model? I could use them to control depth. My YM186D won't pull this tiller when the front wheels hit a rise and the tiller suddenly goes deep.

Mark777

Hey California,

I'm pretty sure Ernie does...or did. He attached a picture for someone who inquired about tillers and parts. The picture showed them four and five deep, and some stacked on top of others. The line had to be, maybe eighty feet long (70 ea. + maybe?).

Funny thing about those wheels, when I need them most is to park the tiller evenly, detached the drive line and links and it keeps everything level. When I use them with the wheels attached they are a pain in the butt. They rotate and deflect the soil when you back up even with the 3PH raised as the wheels still make contact on very uneven ground. And backing up with the tiller fully engaged swings the wheels into the shoot deflector and bends it all up :pat:. It works better (for me) with the wheels detached.

Re: fine spline. I have an RS1100 that is both 6 and 21 spline. If Mully's (Robert's) is 1-3/8" 6 spline on both ends then he can pick up a shaft at TSC or anywhere like that, cut it to length and he's good to go. Or am I wrong Robert, and missing something?

Mully

Thanks Mark ..... Ernie posted he had a mountain of tiller parts but you had to come pick them up.... he is too far from NC. TS does have a 27" Pto shaft that I could cut to fit. I will wait till I get the upper part from Calif and see just what I need. I think you are right about the wheels the few minutes I used the tiller they were a problem.