turbo for rtv?

Archdean

Dargo,
Does or I should say has anyone tried or published specs on the guy that claims to manufacture a turbo for the RTV engine, if so I would like to see them!
Thanks,
Dean

Archdean

Dargo,
Does or I should say has anyone tried or published specs on the guy that claims to manufacture a turbo for the RTV engine, if so I would like to see them!
Thanks,
Dean

Dargo

I've seen nothing on the actual expected results as far as emperical data. I don't want to turn any more R's than it turns now, so I don't expect any top speed increase. It just needs some more torque and a bit more hp. I have used a Grasshopper ZTR mower with the 20hp Kubota diesel and one with the 28hp Kutoba diesel. Other than the engine, they are identical units. In heavy thick grass, the 28 hp unit has considerably more power. I relate that hard pull to what the RTV is experiencing while trying to turn all 4 tires with good traction on a hill. About 10 more hp ought to do it, but I have no specs on what additional torque this guy's turbo setup adds. That's what I want to see. Really, I want to see a dyno sheet on stock and with his turbo package. I know he is a pioneer in doing this with the RTV's, but from what I know on diesel hot rodding, his price seems to be a bit spendy..

Dargo

I've seen nothing on the actual expected results as far as emperical data. I don't want to turn any more R's than it turns now, so I don't expect any top speed increase. It just needs some more torque and a bit more hp. I have used a Grasshopper ZTR mower with the 20hp Kubota diesel and one with the 28hp Kutoba diesel. Other than the engine, they are identical units. In heavy thick grass, the 28 hp unit has considerably more power. I relate that hard pull to what the RTV is experiencing while trying to turn all 4 tires with good traction on a hill. About 10 more hp ought to do it, but I have no specs on what additional torque this guy's turbo setup adds. That's what I want to see. Really, I want to see a dyno sheet on stock and with his turbo package. I know he is a pioneer in doing this with the RTV's, but from what I know on diesel hot rodding, his price seems to be a bit spendy..

TravisImel

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We are in the process of testing different configurations for turbo charging RTV’s. We have the need to turbo RTV’s because of our altitude. At this time, Kubota does not have a Kit available. In addition, the D1105-T-E Kubota engine is different from the D902-E-UV used in stock RTV’s. We will be looking closely at boost needed, Exhaust temp readings ect… before we make them available to our customers. While 2.5 to 4. Lbs of boost should not harm the engine. Keep in mind this is a modification, thus voiding all mfg warranty on the engine. So if warranty is important, do not even think about a turbo. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Travis Imel</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Service Manager</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">travisimel@hotmail.com</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">www.swaginc.com</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:date Month="3" Day="30" Year="2005">3/30/05</st1:date> Update:We started testing the latest configuration yesterday. All I can say<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Say is WOW.We are at 7000 ft & it made a nice difference. More info to come.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></P>

TravisImel

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We are in the process of testing different configurations for turbo charging RTV’s. We have the need to turbo RTV’s because of our altitude. At this time, Kubota does not have a Kit available. In addition, the D1105-T-E Kubota engine is different from the D902-E-UV used in stock RTV’s. We will be looking closely at boost needed, Exhaust temp readings ect… before we make them available to our customers. While 2.5 to 4. Lbs of boost should not harm the engine. Keep in mind this is a modification, thus voiding all mfg warranty on the engine. So if warranty is important, do not even think about a turbo. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Travis Imel</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Service Manager</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">travisimel@hotmail.com</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">www.swaginc.com</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:date Month="3" Day="30" Year="2005">3/30/05</st1:date> Update:We started testing the latest configuration yesterday. All I can say<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Say is WOW.We are at 7000 ft & it made a nice difference. More info to come.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></P>

G

I briefly looked into how to do this and came up short. I am sure Kubota makes the same block but with a turbo on it. Maybe the best approach is to ask a Kubota engine dealer, as a tractor dealer we can't get easy access to parts diagrams and stuff for engines in the otherchannels.

G

I briefly looked into how to do this and came up short. I am sure Kubota makes the same block but with a turbo on it. Maybe the best approach is to ask a Kubota engine dealer, as a tractor dealer we can't get easy access to parts diagrams and stuff for engines in the otherchannels.

midwest

Re: turbo for RTV?

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]ooooh! I'll have to see if we can get the parts pulled together. I've often wondered if aftermarket turbo kits on tractors where a possibility.
[/quote]</P>

</P>

any progress?????????????????????????????????[:cool:]</P>

G

We tried the Kubota tractor side of things and could not get anywhere. I would expect the Kubota engine division would be more help, but we have no contacts there.

G

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Update,</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We are very pleased with the performance of our Test RTV. Our new configuration for turbo charging RTV’s seems to get Sea Level performance while keeping exhaust temperature low. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">We are going to the next level on this project. We are in the process of having the plumbing manufactured & completing a complete parts list. It looks like we will be around $2,000.00 for the full system. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I will keep you up-dated on when they will be ready.</P>

Travis Imel</P>

Service Manager</P>

travisimel@hotmail.com</P>

www.swaginc.com</P></P>

G

I am no expert on these things as mine is only 75 hours old but I think one thing to remember is that this is essentially a tractor. Yes it is a recreational vehicle but still a tractor. I have several tractors from A and b model John Deeres to a 7410 Deere. And just got a new Cat D-6 and none of them are great performers on hills. I am not saying that they won't go up the hill but you can tell when you are on one. Although the Cat handles them fairly well. Probably did not make much sense but just my 2 cents.

DRankin

I wish it was more of a tractor. I think it needs a 5 mph top speed in low gear, like the BX.</P>

At least if it had a really low gear option you could maybe power your way out of more situations.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DRankin"]At least if it had a really low gear option you could maybe power your way out of more situations.[/quote]</P>

Ahhh, what are you getting yourself into?</P>

Once I got used to how to drive the HST, I have all kinds of power. When I was driving it incorrectly (mash the pedal to the floor) I could barely climb some of my hills with just me on the machine. Now, I throw hundreds of pounds in the box and climb the hills with absolutely no problems.</P>

Brian</P>

DRankin

Deep sand and deep snow are problems for me. </P>

It is showing more and more power as it gets closer to 100 hours and broke-in better, and there was a major improvement when I switched to Super UDT and Mobil1 for the engine.</P>

BUT...... a couple of month ago I got it high centered on a snow bank GOING UPHILL[Y], with the rear wheels chained-up. When I tried to back up.... <U>down hill[N]</U>..... the wheels refused to spin in reverse. I put it back in low and they spun, back in reverse again and nothing.</P>

In retrospect, I should have taken the chains off to see iflessening the traction might have helped.</P>

I hauled it to the dealer and they checked all the settings and internal pressures and found all was in spec. I gave them a copy of the adjustment you sent me and they found a tiny fraction of adjustment there. So the dealer called Kubota and askedif they were missing something, and the reply was that they designed the system to limit wheel spin in reverse and that was a normal outcome. </P>

WHY?? Who the heck knows???</P>

Anyway, it may not be a gearing problem if the above is true. It is probably an internal pressure setting on the HST.</P>

</P>

</P>

TravisImel

<FONT face="Times New Roman">

We now have 9 RMX Edition TurboRTV's in the field without a failure. </P>

The Turbo manufacturer also has offered a one year warranty if we install. </P>

I have personally taken our test unit to over 11,000 ft this hunting season and the performance was great. </P>

One of our RTV's went to a hunting guide that claims he has taken his unit to over 12,500 ft.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P><O:p></O:p>

It has taken us a little longer than expected to get where we are today.<o:p></o:p></P><O:p></O:p>

We have just sent out our first RMX Kit to another Kubota Dealership.<o:p></o:p></P><O:p></O:p>

After there install, we will make any corrections to the instructions that are needed.<o:p></o:p></P><O:p></O:p>

We are also finalizing the price.<o:p></o:p></P><O:p></O:p>

The RMX Kit will be available Jan 2nd 2006 & we will start taking reservations Dec 5<SUP>th</SUP>.<o:p></o:p></P>

</FONT><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT></o:p></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman">Travis Imel<o:p></o:p></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman">Service Manager</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman">Southwest Ag Inc.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman">970-884-4101<o:p></o:p></FONT></P>

<SPAN style="COLOR: #246398"><FONT face="Times New Roman">travisimel@hotmail.com</FONT></SPAN><o:p></o:p></P>

<SPAN style="COLOR: #246398"><FONT face="Times New Roman">www.swaginc.com</FONT></SPAN><o:p></o:p></P>

</P>