My new work horse

CantonHayGuy

Well, I was at a point where I needed to consolidate the equipment I have so that I could better manage maintenance expenses. I traded my IH 706 gasser and Farmall31 (with its snowblower) for this:

Attachments

• New 55A.jpg
    New 55A.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 64

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. It sure looks like a work horse. Is that a snow blower on the 3PH?

What HP is that baby? Those are some HUGE front tires. :eek: Kewl!!!!! :thumb:

CantonHayGuy

It's 55hp with 47hp at the pto. Small enough to get around my smaller acreage, yet still big enough to move 1600 lb round bales and work my small Case round baler.

Yep, that's a snowblower. Normally, there's lots of snow around here and since we live in the country the drifts get to be 4 and 5 ft high.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, very very nice. The only surprise to me was that you didn't have a cab on that baby. It gets so cold up your way that I'm afraid I would have to insist on a cab.

CantonHayGuy

Didn't think to ask if a cab could be ordered with this model. The "A" series tractors harken back to the old style where they just come as a basic tractor.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My dad was able to take a soft-sided golf cart cab and make it work on his tractor.

A very handy item when running the snowblower.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just got off the phone with him with a few more details.

He started with an ATV canopy/cabin but it was a bit too tight (but did work).

He went with the golf cart one as it gave him more room and better protection. He does have a fiberglass roof that mounts to the ROPS. He made a PVC frame that kind of boxes in the roof to the right dimensions for the cover (mainly to make the roof a bit longer). I helped him put it on last fall and it didn't take long to put on or get off. IIRC, he used bungies or something to pull it down (to keep the canvas tight).

I'll see if I can get a pic.