2305 ...?

tripletap

I just picked up one of these CUTs - pretty happy so far.

Not going to get all Girly, giddy, and gleeful and sleep in the seat, like some of those Nancy's over on **************.com

It's a tool to perform tasks, and so far it seems up to the task but the jury is still out -

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations on the new ride!

We NEED pictures!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yeah, that is a nice one. I'm certain you will like it even more once you've worked it for a few weeks.
Funny comment on the other site. :yum: Glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I read it. :D

tripletap

Yup -

There's a few of them from that site on this site lurking around and then they report back over there about what goes on over here, like little Girls. :yum:

If they spent more time on their tractors and less time behind the keyboard writing stupid, they might have less questions about how their equipment operates. These guys actually spit shine their tractors weekly - :eek2:

I'm all for a coat of wax when the thing is new, helps preserve the finish - but weekly, my God - to much time on their hands I guess.

Mith

Congrats on the new tractor, take pictures now, it'll never look as good :D

I got slammed on another forum for doing a service late. Doing a service 17 hours late isnt really a big deal to me if you are doing more hours than that in a week!

I will admit to a moment of weakness the other day though, I did pressure wash the dirt off my truck :eek:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
OK, I admit it. I'm one of those girly men. I have been known to wash and wax my tractor. Usually the B2400 get done during the winter sometime, mainly for something to do at that time of year. The L4740 gets washed often but waxed ..... not usually. In my defense, she needs it. It's dusty in Texas during the summer and she doesn't work good when the grills, screens, radiator and condenser are clogged up with muck, dust and chaff. Besides, the a/c doesn't work well under those conditions and having that cold air is very, very important. So usually before we go to work in the morning I make sure everything is clean and in good working condition.

Otherwise I'm a lot like you. I tend to look on them as tools that need to do work and not as members of the family. If you're busy, missing a service by 10 hours or so isn't the end of the world. I hope you enjoy yours and accomplish a lot with it. Have fun.

Loved the comment about that other site.

tripletap

Loved the comment about that other site.

Because I have gotten so many emails asking which site, here is the ID -

Just to set the record straight as I don't want to malign any other working man tractor forums out there, and want to make sure all the guffaws are directed to the proper site

"The tractor site for pretenders" - mytractorforum.com :puke1:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Forums all take on the personality of the members. MTF has always been a fun forum for me. I know the owner via the internet. They do mostly have smaller tractors, so most of the discussion is in that direction. TBN is the 1st place I thought of and they sure have the waxers ..but to each his own.

jwstewar

Staff member
That is who I thought he was talking about.

As far as washing, I used to wash it good and wax it about once a year, now it hasn't been waxed in probably 3 years. As far as washing goes, If I get it muddy (which is frequent), I'll try to get the big gobs of mud off of it. Especially after bushhogging, I'll power wash it. Now as far as "dust" goes, I have to spray it off 2 or 3 times while mowing. I will suck enough dust and crap up into the hydro cooler and radiator, that I get too much heat under the belly of the tractor and my foot gets a little warm:eek: So much so that I've gotten a blister on my leg before from a "burn." While I'm doing that, when I drop the hood or before I raise it, I'll let the water run over it - if for no other reason so it doesn't blow back in my face.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm first in line for a 2 year old 2305 that is going to have to go in a divorce settlement for the pay off. It's loaded with FEL, BH, 60" belly mower and ballast box.

What is it worth?

t man

I guess I'm one of those Nancy boys because I washed my 2320 today.Funny thing though at 6' 250 lbs nobody has called me that to my face in a long time!!! I happen to like (my tractor forum).If you don't like it don't go there! But don't run it down.This is my first post to this forum.I guess I didn't have anything to say until now. Anyway if you have a problem with a forum tell it them,don't hide in another forum and rant about it!! Well that is all I have to say. Tim.

cleatusj

I find there are those on all sites that are sticks in the mud who like to run others down for not doing every thing their way. Seems most of the time it's not what their saying but how they say it. I'm the one responseable for keeping it running so I take care of it how I want.

Mith

Hey T man, welcome to the site. Nice fire in your avatar! I assume it was started on purpose? If thats your tractor shed then I guess it isnt a nice fire atall :eek:!

t man

Hey T man, welcome to the site. Nice fire in your avatar! I assume it was started on purpose? If thats your tractor shed then I guess it isnt a nice fire atall :eek:!

Thanks.Yup that was a hot one,I think I raised the temp in town a few degrees that day.Here's a better picture of it,and the tool that takes the work out of hauling brush.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 254.jpg
    Picture 254.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 43

urednecku

t man, I'll agree, a good grapple sure makes it easy piling brush & trees - even a child could do it. I'll try to get a pic of my pile in a couple days. But for now....

Attachments

• Feb20045.JPG
    Feb20045.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Feb20098.JPG
    Feb20098.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 38