Really love my RTV 900

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
A few days ago, the weather was forecast to be stormy so we were feeding early to beat the storms. The wind got up and you could feel the storm coming . Well the gate blew into the feed wagon as the tractor was pulling out past it so the gate got caught and was bent like an L. I should have been holding it but instead I was fishing limbs out of the culvert to avoid it being undermined by the expected floodwaters.
I looked at the bent gate and the 50 bulls there at the feed troughs . Then looked at the sky and the looming dark clouds . I knew I didn't have time the take the gate down and mash it down flat with the skid steer (at the barn) - it would take at least 30 plus minutes for that ... so I said "what do I do Lord " ? Right then I had the answer.. I pulled the 'bota to the bent place on the gate, put the brake on, and pulled and pushed with all my might. It was a light weight gate so I was blessed to have it closable right before the storm hit . The extreme weather alert had already gone off on my phone once as I started bending the gate back .... little did I know it would be another extreme alert going off less than 30 minutes later for a tornado. It was all done though and the gate was securely closed. Back at the barn the wind started making that eerie ominous howling so I looked around ,as I finished the bucket feeding under the barn, but saw nothing that looked like a tornado.. about that time I heard the distant CD sirens going off and the hard rain began and drowned out the siren.. My neighbor 2 miles down the road saw a funnel cloud but it never touched down. I was very grateful. collie

Attachments

• KIMG0238.jpg
    KIMG0238.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 70
  • KIMG0239.jpg
    KIMG0239.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
God is SOO good isn't he!!! HE gives the strength, power, and path to take. YOU Judy have the wisdom to follow that path and HE brings you the life that YOU so enjoy......God is so fantastic....Dennis

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
While I am continuously impressed with the RTV's and their capabilities, I am particularly impressed with your ingenuity, Collie.

Those improvised field fixes for everything from gates to equipment to cattle restore my faith that there are still people who believe in themselves and their Lord to guide and watch over them each day.

This believe gives us the motivation to get excited about what will come with each new sunrise and the confidence that we will get through whatever it is.

Speaking of sunrise, I hope we get some sunshine in Ohio soon. Weatherman says we're on track to have the wettest year on record. I believe it.

God bless.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Many thanks everyone and for the comments Dennis and Ohio Paw Paw Grower. (and also to Zoom or Doc for fixing my typo in the heading.) :)

I'd be in the sinking sand if not for my faith in Him. Have come through some hard things and know there will be more ahead. .. nothing is impossible though, as long as one clings to the Lifeline and puts out effort. The stories I could tell.. such as falling 16 feet as my ladder slipped...It took a few days to get over that. but it should have been much worse . collie