Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How do I thank YOU FINE FOLKS for those prayers above. Yes, for me those help me through today and every day...….HE KNOWS ABOUT THEM...….Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does anyone know what happened to "turbokits .com website ? I cannot open it for a couple days.
I don't know about that site but I know that hardware issues such as failed disk drives, CPU, network card, Motherboard etc. etc. can take a server down and it will remain down until the hardware is replaced. Been there done that. It happens. Lets hope that is the case with www.turbokits.com

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Back up and running. Guess they had server probs
Glad they are back up. That happens to all of us eventually, it's not if it happens but when will it happen. One never knows.

Heads up to all. I think the style I downloaded from vb.org is causing issues with the forum. This is the original style i've used since the beginning in 2007 or so. I will create a new style that is similar but it will be different. I've procrastinated on this and will continue to do so for a little while but don't be shocked one day to check out the site and have it appear different.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm here. ;)
Too muddy to do much of anything outside so I'm ripping up some carpet, installing trim, finishing a bathroom...

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I made a 24 hr trip to Ark to check on the homeplace . I hadn't been in 2 months .. weather was just horrible flash flooding etc. the corn and cotton fields are covered with water and the wind was lapping the catfish ponds like strong and fast ocean waves. There was several inches of water in the yard and under the house there. I am glad to be back - warm and dry. Don't know how much longer I can maintain the sentimental old place..

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Got back this afternoon and found this ... If he had have given up and went down.. he'd be a dead one. but he's ok now. What are the odds... We had a cow get her head caught in a hollow tree once. She survived but barely. no hair and a huge blood bruise where she had tried to get out. We found her in the last hour most likely . She was ok in the end but could have gotten out quickly had she just lowered her head and pulled.. collie

Attachments

• KIMG0306.jpg
    KIMG0306.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 52

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got back this afternoon and found this ... If he had have given up and went down.. he'd be a dead one. but he's ok now. What are the odds... We had a cow get her head caught in a hollow tree once. She survived but barely. no hair and a huge blood bruise where she had tried to get out. We found her in the last hour most likely . She was ok in the end but could have gotten out quickly had she just lowered her head and pulled.. collie
Sorry but not familiar with cattle. What are we looking at and why would he be dead if he laid down.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
collie i had a bull stick his head through the fork of a blackjack tree just the other day. he pawed the soft ground and as he did his neck just went further down the vee making it worse. took me several hours to get him out but ok. i haven't ever had one get stuck like that in the chute.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, that's called a squeeze chute. They should go into it from the other direction and have their bodies there where those vertical pipes are. Then a lever can be pulled and make a tight fit. That good for shots and such.
He would choke himself because it gets narrower as the part his head is in, goes down. He was being nosey and stuck his head in from the front of the chute. I narrowed up the bottom adjustment so it wouldn't happen again. When we work cattle, I'm usually in charge of putting a butt board right behind their butts in a quick motion, as soon as they enter the vertical area and then squeezing them to be still for the shots... gotta be quick and not on the wrong side of the bar though (short landscape timber) or you can get mashed if they back up too quick and bar isn't all the way in . I've been there too.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mowing yard the easy way

I decided to mow part of the yard yesterday. It works pretty good and weed eats at the same time . It's a time restricted thing though or it will get really poopy. A temporary electric fence wire and posts is all it takes.
You might can see Dixie the bc on the RTV in background watching and waiting to help take them off.
Those orange patches on the heifers contain a transmitter which sends out a signal when the button is pushed. Then the signal is received by bil computer telling us when to AI them. If you wish, you can maybe view digital article in Feb 2019 Progressive Farmer on his AI program. Its the one with" Young Farmers of America" on the front of magazine. search for "sedgewood" on that site to find it easier. collie

http://dtnpf-digital.com/publication/?m=27946&l=1#%22{\%22issue_id\%22:\%22557629\%22,\%22page\%22:\%22114\%22}%C2%A0%22 will need to look at archives page in the menu section at top left

Attachments

• KIMG0292(1).jpg
    KIMG0292(1).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.