Back and forth movement on upper a-arms

zenchal26

When letting off the go pedal I can feel a clunk turns out it’s slop in the front upper a-arms. I did some searching on here and found a couple threads about it but no real fix. Has Kubota come up with a fix? My fix would be a couple shims on either side of the arm to take the slop out. Any part numbers out there for these shims?

tfdr1

I've been meaning to order some because mine does that also.

Part# K7591-17490

Dave

Attachments

• shim pic.jpg
    shim pic.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 46

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
this was a problem on the early X series. mine was fixed in 2014 before K came out with a specific part. the fix was a galvanized flat washer on both ends of the A arm between the mount and the bushing. has been working fine since 2014 just fine. mine was done by Kubota but i am not sure if there was a service bulletin

tfdr1

this was a problem on the early X series. mine was fixed in 2014 before K came out with a specific part. the fix was a galvanized flat washer on both ends of the A arm between the mount and the bushing. has been working fine since 2014 just fine. mine was done by Kubota but i am not sure if there was a service bulletin

Interesting...mine is a 2014, maybe I need to shake the dealer down.

Dave

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Interesting...mine is a 2014, maybe I need to shake the dealer down.

Dave

yea won't hurt to ask. mine was fixed when i bought it and i don't know who paid for it. i do know there was some early discussion about this back in 14 or 15 .did your rear hubs get changed out too?

VA1100

I added these shims to my X1100C, it is a 2014 model. They get added between the rubber bushing and the control arms, on both upper and lower, front and back, for a total of 16 pieces. The illustrated parts list on the Kubota USA site has a lot of information, and shows these shims. It looks like they changed the arms starting with S/N 14240 and they added the shims on units after S/N 18012. I posted pictures on a thread a couple of years ago of the shims, it wasn't a real bad job to do, and the shims weren't real expensive, I just looked again and they are $0.41 each. The size is 1.2mm x 29mm x 42mm, but I couldn't make them, or find them cheaper.
Hope this helps,
Pete