Seat time today

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had some fun today. After taking care of a couple other chores I got to fire up the tractor and do some brush hogging. But this was not just using the brush hog. I made a path into the area behind my septic. It had grown up over 20 years. Lots of multiflora and vines thick as my arm. I used the FEL to reach as close to the top as I could get (it must've been 10 or 12' tall). I would come down on it with the FEL and the Toothbar and drag the crap backwards so that I could then run over it and chop it all up. Fun fun fun. I enjoy the heck out of tearing down vines and multiflora growth.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's fun, isn't it.

Here's a photo I posted here 10 years ago, before I had a ROPS on the Yanmar.

I am re-opening an abandoned terrace between orchard rows. This is at the back of the apple orchard down in the canyon.

Same process, mash down jungle (blackberries, here), with the loader then run over the mess with the rotary mower. In some spots the blackberry vines were so snarled up in trees that this just made a tunnel. Later I used the backhoe to yank vines out of the trees.

Doc, we need photos of your adventures!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks much like my view yesterday. I had the phone in my pocket playing some tunes but did not take the time to snap any pics. I promise to do better next time. Plenty more clearing in other areas still to be done. Get a tooth bar for your bucket to get er all done at the same time (tearing the vines down & clearing the brush) CA. Fun fun fun. :D