Massey or Cub

lamoka

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and am getting ready to purchase a new subcompact tractor. I have narrowed it down to the cub sc2450 and the MF MFG2610TLB. I had convinced myself to get the MF got approved for 72 mo no interest but now dealer is having diffuculty getting the tractor. The cub dealer has a sc2450 in stock ready to go. My question is should I wait for the Mf or is the Cub a comparible tractor I have heard some negative feedback on the cubs but that is prior to merger with Yanmar. The CUb is about 1500 cheaper but the MF dealer seams to be a better dealership to deal with and they are only 6 miles from my home. If anyone has any thoughts on either tractor I would greatly appreciate it I only know one person who has a MF and they love it but have only had it two months

Thanks for any advise you can give me.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.

Both are quality tractors. I suspect you'll see less negative reviews on Cub now that they have partnered with Yanmar.

You said the MF dealer is easier to work with. That is a big plus in my opinion. They both can sell you a tractor, but try to find out which one will help you in times of servicing.

lamoka

Massey it is

Well I just got a call from the Massey dealer and he was able to find one at another dealership. He is going to pickit up and get it to me next Monday. I realy wanted to deal with them as they are one of the smaller dealers that JD pulled out of and they picked MF up after being a JD dealer for over 40 years, they seam to be doing realy well with the MF line. PLus they are just down the road so if I have any issues they are close by.

Thanks

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the 2610 then. Being "just down the road" can be very convenient.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are getting the one you really want, and with good service too. Good luck with your new toy - - er, TOOL, and use it safely.

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats! Sounds like it is working out for the better for you. :thumb:

I had not seen a 2610 so I went hunting for a pic and found a workhorse loaded with the FEL and backhoe.

What all are you getting with your new tractor?

Here's something for you to drool over while waiting for delivery. :D

Attachments

• MF_GC2610_2702_1b.jpg
    MF_GC2610_2702_1b.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 94

lamoka

Thats exactly what I will be getting I also bought a 54" belly mower, and a 48" brush cutter. I will be getting a tiller for it also just trying to decide which one to get. Dealer called the tractor they picked up had Ag tires on it but they are putting industrials on it for me. I still cannot believe the financing they are offering right now, 0 down, 0% for 72 months, with a deal like that it realy made my decision alot easier. I feel like a little kid on xmaseave except i have all weekend and probably monday to wait it is driving me nuts!! My only sanity is going through the posts here and reading what you guys are all up to.

Thanks for all the input

lamoka

9hrs later

Well just wanted to let you all know the tractor arrived on Tuesday. I have already put 9 hrs on it moving alot of dirt, removing trees and stumps, and mowing. I have to say I was a little skeptical as I have always used full size construction equipment, but the little Massey is pretty impressive the backhoe works great and the FEL works way better then I expected, I find myself tackling jobs I did not think it would do and it handles them very well. So far I could not be happier. By the way if yhe Admin. would like they can move this post over to the M.F. section. Thanks for all the great info!!

Nate

countypark

I'm working on getting one of these for my property, I just bought 50 acres to build a house on. I will be doing alot of drainage work, land scaping, trash cleanup gravel moving and such. I am also going to use it for snow removal.

Massey is giving away 50 inch snow blowers with these units right now.

I've been quoted $16,500 cash price.

Current owners, what do you think about yours?

Melensdad

Gold Site Supporter
I am not an owner of a sub-compact tractor or the MF brand, but if you have 50 acres then I think you may want to consider a larger framed tractor.

countypark

50 acres

Sorry,

I should clarify what I'm doing with my land. About 15-20 acres is woods. the rest is field that is being hayed.

I am planning on two acres or less of yard, that needs mowed.

The haying is done by a neighbor.

I also have a brush hog tractor.

The Massey is going to be mainly used for snow blowing, the loader and back hoe are going to help me get my house built and my current house sold.

lamoka

Countypark I have owned my tractor for almost 6 mo and I have used it for things I never thought a subcompact could be used for. It seems I use it every day I have off to do something. Just as a update I decided to keep the Ag tires they do fine with my lawn no problems and I appreciate the extra traction I get from them. Newest project is a small pole barn and paddock for my daughters pony. I dont know what I did without it I have put a little over 100 hrs on the machine and I have no complaints what so ever.