Do You Use Tire Goop?

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
King Ranch also bought a siamese twin D8 in the early 50's, Peterson Cat out in California took the right track off one and the left track off another and put them together. Then Holt Cat in Texas made a special clearing blade and root plow for it. I first ran across it in Cat's "50 Years on Tracks" book back in the mid-50s, but it's also talked about in one of the recent Cat books.

xPosTech

We called them Chinese Tallow or China Berry trees.
They grow fast and have hard berries you can throw at each other.
hugs, Brandi
Hi Brandi

China Berry and China Tallow are two different trees. When I was a kid, we made pump guns that shot the slick China Berries on the second pump. Made out of bamboo and an oak plunger.

China tallow makes a fruity lump with three seeds inside. It will out grow anything tree-like I know of. Will outgrow China Berry many times over. Totally different leaf than the China Berry, too.

China Berry on the left and China tallow on the right.

Ted

Attachments

• Chinaberry1216.JPG
    Chinaberry1216.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 800px-ChineseTallowSeedpods.jpg
    800px-ChineseTallowSeedpods.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 4

Redbug

Sorry to jump off subject...About the dozers and anchor chain...take a look at these two neat photos from Australia. On the second pic, you can see the other dozer that the end of the chain is attached to. This same method was used by our troops in Viet Nam for clearing, also... Pretty neat, huh?

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 6