New Holland Blue

jwstewar

Staff member
While I was replacing the mower blades, I decided to be "good" and power wash the bottom of the deck. I then sprayed it with some Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. I then also bought some funky blue Rustoleum at a local junk store for 99 cents a can - which was fine for the under the deck. But I had a couple of places on top of the deck that had come off (I hit it too hard with the power washer:hide: ) That I spray some of the primer on. Not wanting it to look too terrible, I had another can of paint that I had painted my trailer mover attachment with. Knowing that it was close, I decided to hit the front and the sides of the deck that I had primered with this blue. I didn't realize how close this blue was. Now, I wouldn't want to patch the hood with it, but for the mower deck and other attachments. I think it is fine.

You can see where I touched the sides up and the front up. If the deck were cleaner, I think you would have a real hard time distinguishing between the two. It is a Krylon that I got at Wal-Mart for either $2.97 or $3.97 a can. The lid doesn't look like it would match, but I don't think you could get much closer and it sure beats the $12 or whatever the dealer would charge for a can of New Holland blue.

Attachments

• 100_1787.jpg
    100_1787.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_1788.jpg
    100_1788.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_1789.jpg
    100_1789.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 30

larryRB

good for these guys with NH's to know... I know when I touch up my tractor, I buy Chevrolet engine orange and this is almost a perfect match.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good post Jim. That is good to know for those with NH. I like the chevy engine orange option for my Kubota too. Good info Larry! :thumb: