found trv

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Im on a job right now and they have 5 trs newer models .I made a deal with them that if they let me come here to get measurements and make parts that I will give them 1 of every part I make .

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Do it......build prototypes of what folks here can use, send them to your "shop" at home, and then produce what you can either at home or there where you are.........God is good Jamie and HE is taking care of YOU.......Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
they been riding around me the last 3 days in a rtv it doesn't have a cab but it's a 4 seater with the fold down back seat.it's brand new.I sure am hoping I can make some stuff off this rtv.I haven't seen the other RTV's they have but I'll ask tomorrow.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wondering what the latest bunch of members could use fabricated??? Headache racks, stick stoppers and on and on???

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I’ve purchased several items from peanut over the years and can say he builds a high quality product.

v10rick

Site Supporter
A brush guard would be nice.
Mine is bent where it cannot be straightened...where it bolts to the chassis.
This OEM guard has poor quality welds IMO.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks for the compliments guys and gals. i went on a job yesterday at m&l industries the same place i went to a few years ago and asked if i could get measurements off their rtv'swell the dirt bag that ran the place when i went retired .while i was there i was given permission to look at and take pictures of their rtv's. i told them what i do and they was interested so i have to go back next week to talk to the manager about making stuff for the rtv's.they had 2 1140's in their shop they was assembling and i looked them over.first thing i would do if i had one would be to yank off them stabilizer bars way to restrictive and without them it would give the new a arm suspension more travel and give smoother ride.second is with the new suspension i would add a lift kit nuthing huge just about 2 or 3 inches. new front bumpers for sure .i talked with a mechanic that was there and told him about the problems that i heard most people complain about so this guy started popping off panels so i could look at the new up grades . the biggest thing that i seen they did was make the newer hydraulic tanks out of metal and they moved them from the rear next to the exhuast to under the passenger side of the seat. this should heek the oil cooler and the metal tanks should last like it should now.

the mechanics told me the new guy running the place is alot more friendlier than the old guy and told me to come back next week and talk to him.i told them about this website and to come here to look at my work and maybe get feed back and also to see i'm not joking about making parts for the rtv's.i havent gone back to the other company yet to see about their rtv's so it looks like maybe ill have 2 places to get measurements from . i would much rather go to m&l because they are a dealer and will have all new stuff not to mention older models to that people trade in or bring in for repairs.i want to ask the manager to let me trick out 1 rtv and have him put it out on the lot next to the stock ones and see what happens.

while looking at the 1140's i was thinking of how i could make a set of bedrails for it that fold with the bed. it would be a challenge but if i can pull it off i think it would be wild.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
A brush guard would be nice.
Mine is bent where it cannot be straightened...where it bolts to the chassis.
This OEM guard has poor quality welds IMO.

can you get me some pictures of the brush guard ?also never say it can't be straightened i have been known to pull off some crazy repairs.

v10rick

Site Supporter
can you get me some pictures of the brush guard ?also never say it can't be straightened i have been known to pull off some crazy repairs.

You could straighten this Peanut.
Best I could do is bend the other side to match. :)
Notice how the passenger side is pushed back.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 215

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
yea that looks like it's repairable.

Agree! If you have a welder, cut the crease at the bottom of the dent and pull the sections out, smack 'em with a hammer to get them back in shape and reweld the cut.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I'll also vouch for Peanuts workmanship and first class quality work on the stickstoppers.
Keifer

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 154

v10rick

Site Supporter
Agree! If you have a welder, cut the crease at the bottom of the dent and pull the sections out, smack 'em with a hammer to get them back in shape and reweld the cut.

Thanks but I don't own a welder.

Taking this to a local weld shop would likely result in a charge equal to a new guard.

In this area (DC Metro)we are subject to the NVA tax where everything costs 50% more than most other locations.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
sorry I haven't posted but it's been busy.as soon as I get time I'm going to go to the boat dealer an make some stuff.thanks

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
sorry I haven't posted but it's been busy.

Hello Peanut,
Seen you still have your head above water my friend....
Like you, been busy >>>>>

P.S.
Still got the first Stick Stoppers on the RTV .... Still as strong and still guards against all the bad elements that want to get to the boots.....

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Peanut, my RTV-X900 rear suspension/A-frame has holes thru the lower arms/castings.... perfectly placed to accept mounting bolts for flat-plate protectors for the rear CVJ rubbers.

A deflector shaped with a "lip" on top and bottom could be used in either the forward or rear support and, if angled slightly away from the u-joint at the outboard ends, would provide full protection.