Kubota RTV x900 seems like something's holding it back while driving

Travis20twenty

Well Kubota is in drive it feels like the brakes are on or something is holding it back while driving. Lifted the rear end up tires seem to spin freely in neutral but when I start it and put it in gear while the rear end is in the air and give it gas it just seems like something's holding it it doesn't want to go fast at all.When you're driving it and you let off the gas it feels like it wants to throw you out the front window. please help .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is typical for RTV's when you stop. You have to let off the gas slow and even then it can put you on your nose. It' takes some getting used to.

No sure what might be holding it back. Is the RTV new to you?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just to make sure you don't have a brake dragging put the machine in neutral while sitting on some cement or hard smooth ground and see if you can push it forward and backwards. it should roll easy. sounds like you need to adjust the peddle travel to the hst ratio some. also need to adjust the little bypass valve on the rear of the transmission some so it doesn't throw you through the windshield. check all tire pressures and make sure they have plenty of air or it will be slow.

10-e-c-dirt

Afterthought,, it gets better, or not as much hold back, as the hours & miles go up. I've got 1294.4 hrs & 8482.6 miles on my X900, hardly noticeable, but then I may be just used to it too. But if you are in low range, it definitely has hold back.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
So the rtv rolls smoothly in neutral. This thing used to go about 25mph , now she tips out at 16. Any input much appreciated

make sure the spark arrestor in the exhaust is clean. check to see if the throttle stop under the foot peddle has come loose. clean the air cleaner. check tire pressure.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
This is a big one that'll starve your RTV of power. Many have removed the spark arrestor to get rid of the problem.

not sure his model has the screen or the centrifugal spark arrestor. if it is the latter i don't think they plug. but i shure would check it anyway. could need the valves adjusted?